Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Alpha Expedition: Gobi Roof Rack.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKOperator
Can you post a full photo of the new light bar with the smaller deflector on the Jeep? I'm trying to install the smaller deflector onto my recon but the brackets I have won't allow me to. I've tried every possible combo. I may have the first gen light bar? Thanks!
Does your lightbar run in a straight line following the windshield up or does it get to the top of the windshield and bend to where the very top of the lightbar is perpendicular (straight up and down) to the ground? If your bar doesn't bend to straight up and down at the top, it is not a Recon version and the smaller wind deflector is made for the RECON versions of the Ranger and Stealth...and I don't think it fits the standard Ranger and Stealth racks.

I don't have any other pics yet, I'll try and snap some tomorrow.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Heres what he was asking you about if you have the RECON verson. Mine is Recon. But I just put the deflector on and dont have any pics yet of it but I do like it a lot. It just added a crap load of flapping. I did the noodle mod to reduce it but I havent tested it yet. The top is down. We'll see tomorrow though.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cedo Nulli
Does your lightbar run in a straight line following the windshield up or does it get to the top of the windshield and bend to where the very top of the lightbar is perpendicular (straight up and down) to the ground? If your bar doesn't bend to straight up and down at the top, it is not a Recon version and the smaller wind deflector is made for the RECON versions of the Ranger and Stealth...and I don't think it fits the standard Ranger and Stealth racks.
My lightbar follows the windshield up but does not bend perpendicular to the ground. Ranger version?
Old 03-17-2011, 09:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Update*

The noodle mod worked perfect and eliminated all noise (not very shocking, it worked great for a bunch of people). No flappinng, and its almost as quiet as I remember my hard top being. If you haven't done it, I would.....
Old 03-18-2011, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

hey david, can you tell me what the average current mfgr lead time is? I'm sure it varies just wondering what its been lately
Old 03-23-2011, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just got a new package in the mail today!

Gobi hooked me up with a removable, adjustable, additional cross bar. I can now temporarily add another cross bar for items that require just a bit more support, like my soon to be ordered RTT
Old 03-23-2011, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Gobi camp setup.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by coastie kyle
Gobi camp setup.

Which RTT are you running?
Old 03-24-2011, 05:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Tent and awning are Mombasa expedition series.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:57 AM
JK Newbie

Default Cross Bar

Originally Posted by Voodoo11
Just got a new package in the mail today!

Gobi hooked me up with a removable, adjustable, additional cross bar. I can now temporarily add another cross bar for items that require just a bit more support, like my soon to be ordered RTT
Can you please provide more information. I could really use something like this for my setup. I don't see anything on their site about it. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Alpha Expedition: Gobi Roof Rack.