Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Alpha Expedition: Scrublade Wipers

Old 08-24-2009, 08:46 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alias
I'm sure they wipe up dead bugs pretty well, but how do these wipers do with bird poop, thats my biggest issue, no bird will leave my jeep untouched.
I think these wipe the poop better than the dead bugs with sticky body fluids.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:49 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Originally Posted by NxtGenCowboy
Any word on the snow/ice handling on them?
Winter in Chicago is brutal at times..
Im trying to find out from a buddy of mine. He got these wipers last year.

But I can tell you that you will not be able to scrub off the thin sheet of ice that may have build up on your windshield overnight.

These wiper work best with fresh elements.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MBATF
Im trying to find out from a buddy of mine. He got these wipers last year.

But I can tell you that you will not be able to scrub off the thin sheet of ice that may have build up on your windshield overnight.

These wiper work best with fresh elements.
I can't vouch for NxtGenCowboy in regards to exactly what they were looking for, but in my question on asking on how they hold up to freezing rain/ice and heavy snow, it was more in regards to as it was happening and you were driving down the road.

There isn't a wiper made that is going to clear off the ice we get in the winter if the vehicle has been sitting outside while it was coming down.

But once you have the windshield cleared and the Jeep is warmed up and blowing heat to the windshield as well as it can (which is another issue in itself....the defroster in the JKs will not keep the entire windshield warm enough to keep it fully cleared...something our warmer client brethren don't have an issue with), it was more a question on how well the split wiper blade operation works in removing the snow/ice driving down the road.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:06 AM
JK Newbie

I was just curious on how well they kept up with blinding snow comming down and ice at the same time.. Last winter here was pretty bad..

I asked a buddy about these and to find out He has them! He takes em off in the winter and puts on some winter blade i dont remember the name. but he says these wipers get rid of dirt, bird crap, bug juice etc..
Old 08-24-2009, 09:19 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Originally Posted by NxtGenCowboy
I was just curious on how well they kept up with blinding snow comming down and ice at the same time.. Last winter here was pretty bad..

I asked a buddy about these and to find out He has them! He takes em off in the winter and puts on some winter blade i dont remember the name. but he says these wipers get rid of dirt, bird crap, bug juice etc..
Sweet. I just emailed few people about these as well.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:13 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

From Scrublade.

Customers buy them from that area and haven't had any problem... I believe the Scrublade works better then a normal wiper due to it's abrasive edge.

See customer testimonies below:

"Your product is doing very well so far here in frozen Colorado! I am going to order for my wifes H3. She is in need of new blades. As far as bugs go....will not know until this summer. Take care!

So Far.. So Good. We are experiencing winter weather with snow and ice.. Not many bugs this time of year.
"
Old 08-24-2009, 07:19 PM
JK Junkie

I got a set of these from David and love them.

It doesnt rain much where I am at but the butterflies and some other flying creatures are prevelent at times on the road... These are great for getting them off, work great and also clear the dirt and mud forming on the windshield..... They are a great replacement mod!!!!!

If you need wipers or want to relace them, these are the ones to get....

Thanks Dave
Old 08-25-2009, 07:47 AM
JK Newbie

Default Newest Mod

Just ordered the newest addition to my JK...and just in time as my windows are a mess.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Thanks for the orders! They all have been shipped.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:24 PM
JK Junkie

Got to say David is the man. Just ordered a lift from him and it was awesome process. He answered all my questions and was not pressure (I have been emailing him for almost 3 months). Alpha Expeditions is a great company!

Quick Reply: Alpha Expedition: Scrublade Wipers