Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

"In Development" EXO-TOP for JK (Soft Top - Roof Rack System) Feed back wanted!

Old 06-05-2015, 06:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had originally (I only heard about the EXO-TOP about a week ago) discounted this set-up since I didn't like how it would push my kayak further back from my current set-up. But after considering the costs of a soft-top and the Sherpa (plus the added confusion of liking the fast back soft top and how it probably looks awful with a rack system) this is looking like a stellar product and priced right. The fact that it allows you to be top down without having to even think about a kayak and a bike mounted up top is simply AWESOME.

I'm going to assume that it is impossible to slide the hard top under the rack. I haven't looked at any of the installation instructions.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:47 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correct. This will not work with a hard top. I have a video of the install (all except the soft top install). PM me if you are interested and I will send you the link. It's not ready for prime time but it's close.

I am also working on a review.

Here's a pic of my rig for you...

Old 06-05-2015, 07:01 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for that. That's the pic I've been looking for, too. Some of the RR shots include their light bar which balances out the look IMO. Looks like you have a different light bar, but the overall look of this has grown on me very quickly. I'm liking more and more that the soft top "works" with the design of the rack, especially at the back window. I was finding that trying to imagine a fast back soft top with squared off racks was driving me crazy.

Great looking Rubicon.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:07 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Thorrrrrr
I had originally (I only heard about the EXO-TOP about a week ago) discounted this set-up since I didn't like how it would push my kayak further back from my current set-up. But after considering the costs of a soft-top and the Sherpa (plus the added confusion of liking the fast back soft top and how it probably looks awful with a rack system) this is looking like a stellar product and priced right. The fact that it allows you to be top down without having to even think about a kayak and a bike mounted up top is simply AWESOME.

I'm going to assume that it is impossible to slide the hard top under the rack. I haven't looked at any of the installation instructions.
Correct... The side soft top windows are designed to slip around the rack mounting points. There is just no way to use this rack for both tops.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:10 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
Correct. This will not work with a hard top. I have a video of the install (all except the soft top install). PM me if you are interested and I will send you the link. It's not ready for prime time but it's close.

I am also working on a review.

Here's a pic of my rig for you...

looking gooooood! .... Hope you are enjoying the system. look forward to the review.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:55 PM
JK Jedi

Guys, I created a new thread with pics, video and review (coming soon)... Take a look!!

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...review-322758/
Old 03-21-2016, 01:15 PM
JK Newbie

Can this soft top go through a car wash?
Old 03-21-2016, 03:08 PM
JK Jedi

Yes, but I would only run it through a "brushless" car wash because there are too many things (namely the rack) that the brushes could get caught on.

Originally Posted by jedgerly
Can this soft top go through a car wash?

Quick Reply: "In Development" EXO-TOP for JK (Soft Top - Roof Rack System) Feed back wanted!