Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

EBC Brake Blowout

Old 09-29-2009, 01:16 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default EBC Brake Blowout

Post up a request and I'll send you a coupon code for free shipping, with the lower 48 states.

Lets face it, the factory brake pads are not the best in the world. About three months ago, I set out to find the best brake pad replacement that I could find. The options quickly became limited to Akenobo and EBC. Akenobo has not developed a performance brake pad for the JK. Only an OEM replacement.

I've spent the last three weeks breaking in and testing the EBC Yellow Stuff brake pads. These are an interesting pad. All EBC performance pads come with an abrasive "Brake-In Surface Coating". This coating remains on the brake pads for the first two hundred miles. The abrasive de-glazes the rotors and restores performance. Upon completion of the 200 mile break in period, you repeat a final step five times, in order to remove remnants of the abrasive coating. I'm stoked with the result. A marked improvement in cold stopping power and that's just what we need for crawling around on the rocks with big tires.

My website as details and performance information for each of the three EBC options for the JK.

As with all JeepSWAG products, forum members can buy these at a discounted price.

LINK: http://www.jeepswag.com/jeep_jk_brakes/

Last edited by Woods; 10-01-2009 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:32 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Jeep JK Yellow Stuff Front Brake Pads: 119 shipped

Jeep JK Red Stuff Front Brake Pads: 97 shipped

Jeep JK Green Stuff Front Brake Pads: 74 shipped

Free shipping to any of the lower 48 states.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to say EBC aren't good pads, but have you researched Hawk pads? They usually make great pads as well.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:27 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Absolutely talked with Hawk and yes they make a great product. I may try to sell their rear pads, as EBC doesn't make rears.

I chose EBC for their cold stopping power. Both Hawk an EBC make really good race brakes. Race brakes are made to perform well when the rotors heat up. When wheelin the rotors don't ever (or shouldn't ever) get that hot. We we look for is cold stopping power. EBC had an edge over Hawk, in relation to cold stopping power.

I also considered Akenobo. They too make some great products. They only have an OEM replacement for the JK. No performance pads yet.

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Not to say EBC aren't good pads, but have you researched Hawk pads? They usually make great pads as well.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:57 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Added Hawk Front and Rear Brake pads to the site.

Front Pads: $78.20 shipped

Rear Pads: $69.99 shipped

LINK: http://www.jeepswag.com/jeep_jk_brakes/

Last edited by Woods; 10-01-2009 at 06:03 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:46 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could use some HAWKS since the pep boy brakes I have are squeeky....
Old 10-02-2009, 06:47 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

I'm waiting for the Hawk rears to come into stock, but they should be here soon. The fronts are available immediately.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Woods
Absolutely talked with Hawk and yes they make a great product. I may try to sell their rear pads, as EBC doesn't make rears.

I chose EBC for their cold stopping power. Both Hawk an EBC make really good race brakes. Race brakes are made to perform well when the rotors heat up. When wheelin the rotors don't ever (or shouldn't ever) get that hot. We we look for is cold stopping power. EBC had an edge over Hawk, in relation to cold stopping power.

I also considered Akenobo. They too make some great products. They only have an OEM replacement for the JK. No performance pads yet.
Woods
EBC does have Greenstuff for the rears, # is DP61799
Old 10-02-2009, 08:36 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by myklt8
Woods
EBC does have Greenstuff for the rears, # is DP61799
Dude, thanks for the part number
Old 10-02-2009, 08:58 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Updated the website with some good details about the braking needs and applications for wheelin. Check the bottom of the page:

http://www.jeepswag.com/jeep_jk_brakes/

Quick Reply: EBC Brake Blowout