Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

OR-Fab 2012 Vacuum Pump Relocation Kit

Old 11-06-2011, 04:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hombredelassrtas
Looking for more info. I saw somewhere that RR said it was a transmission cooler pump? When doing the relocation, will any fluids drain or is this simply an air vacuum pump? Thanks for your help.

???? X2 on info..
Old 11-07-2011, 07:41 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Its a brake booster vacuum pump, there is no fluid in it. it assists the brake booster under certain perimeters and conditions for better braking performance. Easy install and great upgrade to keep it out of the elements.

Originally Posted by arkain04
???? X2 on info..
Old 11-07-2011, 09:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Good stuff. Added to the "to purchase" list
Old 11-07-2011, 08:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by trail master
Its a brake booster vacuum pump, there is no fluid in it. it assists the brake booster under certain perimeters and conditions for better braking performance. Easy install and great upgrade to keep it out of the elements.

Thanks for the info.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally got mine yesterday. Going on soon! Thx
Old 11-08-2011, 05:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I installed this relocation kit a week or two ago. It came with my Expedition One front bumper. It works great. You need to splice in two longer wires that will allow the vacuum canister to move from the front bumper location to under the hood (the kit has the splices and extra wire). You will also need to shorten the vacuum hose that connects to the canister, which requires cutting the hose where there is already a hose splice and reconnecting the shorter hose back on the hose splice. You need to figure out the route for running the wires from the front bumper to under the hood. Depending on the bumper you use, you will have to cut off the bracket where the vacuum canister was located on the frame rail to allow your bumper to fit. Other than what I've mentioned, everthing is bolt up with no problems whatsoever. Most of my time was spent cutting off the old bracket.

Last edited by bo9roadking; 11-08-2011 at 05:23 AM.

Quick Reply: OR-Fab 2012 Vacuum Pump Relocation Kit