Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

OR FAB JK rear tire carrier

Old 08-26-2008, 06:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
Recieved a few pallett's today with these bumpers and all backorders shipped out just now!

If you would like one of these let us know and we can ship same day!

David
Whoo Hoo! I've been looking over the instructions for mounting the AEV corners I bought from you last week. I think I may have to trim the passenger side corner around the carrier hinge so I will probably install them at the same time as the OR-FAB carrier to ensure the best fit. Any suggestions from Dave or someone else who has installed the OR-FAB carrier with the AEV corners?
Old 08-27-2008, 07:06 AM
JK Super Freak

I have the exact setup you described.

Yates[/QUOTE]

Thats awesome, will go nice with the ORF front bumper I ordered yesterday.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got my tracking number

Thanks David
Old 08-27-2008, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Can I put this on layaway for a month? I Want one but if I spend Another $600 this month my wife will give my jeep to her new boyfriend. I can go 1/2 down on a 30 day.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:40 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can I put this on layaway for a month? I Want one but if I spend Another $600 this month my wife will give my jeep to her new boyfriend. I can go 1/2 down on a 30 day.

yeah We can do that for you but shipping to alaska is alot of coin.

David
Old 08-27-2008, 11:18 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by meljr
Whoo Hoo! I've been looking over the instructions for mounting the AEV corners I bought from you last week. I think I may have to trim the passenger side corner around the carrier hinge so I will probably install them at the same time as the OR-FAB carrier to ensure the best fit. Any suggestions from Dave or someone else who has installed the OR-FAB carrier with the AEV corners?
Hi Meljr,

I've forwarded your question to Khris and Steve and the "knee-jerk" response was they didn't see any concerns. We'll get a response to you as soon as they've talked to the AEV folks.

Yates
Old 08-27-2008, 07:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by yhudson
Hi Meljr,

I've forwarded your question to Khris and Steve and the "knee-jerk" response was they didn't see any concerns. We'll get a response to you as soon as they've talked to the AEV folks.

Yates
My OR-FAB carrier arrived TODAY, just a day after Northridge shipped it. Now I don't have to worry about what to do this weekend I love the OR-FAB doors and have high expectations for the tire-can carrier.

-meljr
Old 08-28-2008, 07:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meljr

I don't really see any reason what so ever that this wouldn't work with those corners. You'll have to drill a couple holes on the drvr side AEV unit for our mounting block but other then that the install should be straight forward with no differences. We use the OE hinge holes which should also be in the AEV pieces and all of our hardware should be long enough to deal with the added thickness. If you do try this combo please let us know so we can answer any future questions. I'd go for it though if you own a drill, I'm thinking very worse case you may just need some longer hardware and if you wanted let me know I'm sure I could set you up with that stuff, I've heard a rumor that I have a hookup on that kinda stuff...

Khris
Old 09-05-2008, 07:09 PM
JK Freak

Link to my install of this carrier...
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...d=1#post673419
Old 09-06-2008, 06:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by brent_f70
Link to my install of this carrier...
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...d=1#post673419

Good write-up and photo's. Thamks for posting.

Quick Reply: OR FAB JK rear tire carrier