Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Full Traction Long Arm Upgrade From 4Wheel Drive Hardware

Old 01-26-2009, 12:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Traction Long Arm Upgrade From 4Wheel Drive Hardware

Now Available!!!!!!!

Full Tractions 3-4" Long Arm Upgrade!

Fits both 2 and 4 door models, and will work with any 3-4" Full Traction short arm system!

Upgrade your existing 3" or 4" short arm kit to an awesome performing, true 4-Link Long Arm kit. All components in this suspension system are built for maximum off-road punishment. We use 2" x .250" wall DOM tubing for our lower trailing arm assemblies for serious rock dragging, and 1/4" plate laser crafted bracketry throughout. This is a FULLY BOLT-ON system. No welding is required to install.

#FTS7310 $1894.99
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...0&partID=42554

Call or PM us if you have any questions!
800-333-5535

Last edited by paineszj; 01-26-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:12 PM
Former Member

Here are the pics of the before and after. this is the 3 inch long arm on 35's
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/3-fulltraction-long-arm-66308/
very nice, i helped install this kit on that rubi. the ride is better than factory. any question feel free to pm,email or call me.

Last edited by yjnick95; 01-26-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:33 PM
JK Freak

This may be a stupid question....but dont you have to get rid of the stock mounting brackets on either the front or the back? And if so how tough was that? Im looking into this conversion but I want to make sure that I will be able to do it myself.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hyatt147
This may be a stupid question....but dont you have to get rid of the stock mounting brackets on either the front or the back? And if so how tough was that? Im looking into this conversion but I want to make sure that I will be able to do it myself.
I helped install this kit on a 4-door JK, its not bad compared to other kits I have installed. You do have to remove the frame control arm mounts. The lift isn’t technically difficult to install, it just takes a little time and patience to cut the brackets off and make it look nice. Overall this kit is very installer friendly, it is just time consuming.

I hope this helps!
Old 01-27-2009, 05:01 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by hyatt147
Like jamey said, its easy just time consuming.

If you can use a grinder and drill, You can install this lift. After grinding the frame smooth. Slide the brackets in place, bolt them using the existing hole and drill the remaining holes on the brackets. You really cant screw up installing it.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:07 PM
JK Freak

thanks I really appreciate the input. Im fighting with myself right now on what project to jump on next. I really want to make my jeep ride better but to complete the short arms will cost me a good 800 and the long arm kit will hit the wallet harder but may be a worth while investment
Old 01-29-2009, 04:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I’m not trying to sell you with this statement. I’m just speaking to a Jeeper as a Jeeper!

Don’t waist your money on the short arm components, you will be happy with the short arm for a little while. But you will end up spending the money to get the long arm. This is just the gradual progression that Jeepers take, everyone you talk to that has done this will tell you that they should have just bought the long arm.

Again, not trying to sell you! I have personally taken this vehicle progression with my TJ and I regret the wasted money and time!
Old 01-29-2009, 12:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by paineszj
I’m not trying to sell you with this statement. I’m just speaking to a Jeeper as a Jeeper!

Don’t waist your money on the short arm components, you will be happy with the short arm for a little while. But you will end up spending the money to get the long arm. This is just the gradual progression that Jeepers take, everyone you talk to that has done this will tell you that they should have just bought the long arm.

Again, not trying to sell you! I have personally taken this vehicle progression with my TJ and I regret the wasted money and time!
But what about the buggy Jamey? Last i looked at the build thread Brian was working on it?

On topic, im deff looking at this as a possible upgrade.

Adam
Old 01-30-2009, 04:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by guinness
But what about the buggy Jamey? Last i looked at the build thread Brian was working on it?

On topic, im deff looking at this as a possible upgrade.

Adam
Im still working on it, I just havent been posting pictures of it. Its moving along nicely, I was thinking about bringing it to JK fest on my way to work this morning. Brian is building his own YJ buggy, he was just posting up a picture of his build.

Back on topic.

Adam you would be thrilled with the performace of a LA on your Jeep. It would take your wheeling experience to a whole new level.

Quick Reply: Full Traction Long Arm Upgrade From 4Wheel Drive Hardware