Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

High clearance All Terrain Flat Fender Flares for 2007-10 JK Jeep Wrangler

Old 06-30-2011, 12:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the correct part number. It looks like the liners are going to be selling for something like $240. That's a lot more than I think a lot of us expected. It seems like they're more heavily discounted as a bundle with the flares.

So, two questions for Rugged Ridge...

Any chance of offering a discounted price on the liners for those who already bought the flares and have been waiting for the liners to come out (something like six months in my case)?

Do the liners come with replacement fasteners for the one time use push pins for the rears?

Thanks!
Old 06-30-2011, 01:23 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OpenTrackRacer
Thanks for the correct part number. It looks like the liners are going to be selling for something like $240. That's a lot more than I think a lot of us expected. It seems like they're more heavily discounted as a bundle with the flares.

Any chance of offering a discounted price on the liners for those who already bought the flares and have been waiting for the liners to come out (something like six months in my case)?

Do the liners come with replacement fasteners for the one time use push pins for the rears?

Thanks!
I have forwarded the question on cost and possible discount but that one is out of my hands... Sorry.

As for the hardware, yes the liner kit will ship with new hardware.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OpenTrackRacer

Thanks!
x2! I too went with these over the Bushwackers because of price and the fact that I've always had great customer service and like RR products. I was really dissappointed in the lack of hardware for the (rear) flares. $260 is about what I paid for the flares so another $280 = $540 and I could've gotten the Bushwackers with liners.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for looking into this and your prompt reply!

Originally Posted by Rugged_Ridge
I have forwarded the question on cost and possible discount but that one is out of my hands... Sorry.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rugged_Ridge

Not fair; I ordered my flares last week thinking that the liners were going to sell at a reasonable price. I will talk to the vendor to see if I can return them…Unless, RR is willing to offer a discount to those of us who already order the flares without the liners.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Wtf???!!!

I just installed my new liners... it took 3 hours and not a single liner fits properly with the flat fenders. I don't know if my liners are shit, or if it's my fenders (could be both at this point). My fenders never lined up properly in the first place, and the liners don't either. But the worse part is they're all off on their measurements in their own special way. Now for each bolt or push tab I've got 3 holes that don't match up with eachother (hole in liner, fender, and jeep body). A lot of hardware couldn't even be used because it was so far off, and the hardware couldn't even go in. Plus you guys should see what they did to the marker lamp relocation mount. The solid plastic one that initially came with just the flat fender kit does not work with the new and improved shitty soft plastic housing that has hole-punched edges. I will post some pics tomorrow, but it is ridiculous. Why throw away a great design for something inferior, and then punch holes around it (at first I thought it was for the tabs in the light, but surprise - they don't line up either). It took almost a year for this design, and this is what they come up with...

Old 07-09-2011, 11:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not good! I've ordered mine. If they don't line up properly, I will send them back and buy metal Cloak.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Just a few of the problems...

The retainer clips that hold the marker lights in place are too thick/solid and would not flex (they would've destroy the soft plastic)... I used my thinner old ones from the previous hardware kit that came with just the flat fender kit... After just a few minutes, you can see the retainers starting to push through and warp the soft plastic housings, plus they don't hold the light in place as well as the previous hard plastic marker light relocation mounts did. After getting the liner locked down, I wiped one of the lights with a rag, and it popped right out of place. The only way to fix it was to take out the plastic push rivets and do it over again. Also, there are 2 holes punched into the marker light surround that don't line up with anything... looks like shit. See photos below.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	lightpoppedout.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	180345   Click image for larger version

Name:	markerlightholes.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	180346   Click image for larger version

Name:	retainerdamagetop.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	180347   Click image for larger version

Name:	retainerdamagebottom.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	180348   Click image for larger version

Name:	retainers.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	180349  

Last edited by FrankTheTank; 07-10-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Some more problems...

Here's a few more photos (looks worse in person). The front edges don't follow the contour of the jeep at all, and one side is jagged and warped. There's a big gap on both sides. Also, there is one extra hole per side on the top near the support brackets that serve no purpose. But they do add to the overall trashy appearance. One of my liners split while I was pushing in a push rivet. The holes are so far off from being accurate that it's almost funny. Is this some kind of sick joke? I'll take photos of the rear liners later, but there's lot's of hardware missing because the hole just don't come near to lining up. What a truly huge disappointment... especially after waiting almost a year for the "engineers" to design these beauties.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tabsdonotmatch.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	180354   Click image for larger version

Name:	extrahole.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	180356   Click image for larger version

Name:	warpededge.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	180357   Click image for larger version

Name:	splitliner.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	180359   Click image for larger version

Name:	biggap.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	180360  

Old 07-11-2011, 09:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I sent a PM to the Rugged Ridge vendor, so hopefully they can help.

Quick Reply: High clearance All Terrain Flat Fender Flares for 2007-10 JK Jeep Wrangler