Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Hypertech releases new JK Enhanced Off-Road Features for the Max Energy Programmer!

Old 01-31-2012, 06:05 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hypertech Representative

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by motyyam_575
Why 2011 still don't have a programmer?

I don't understand.. We are in 2012.

T_T
Hypertech supports tire and gear correction on the 2011 Part#752001.
Currently tuning is not available in the aftermarket.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Hypertech
Thanks

We have had a couple calls on this your not alone

Tech 800-532-3351
I just tried to install the update, but do not see the 2007-2010 Jeep Wrangler - Enhanced Features

Just called tech support and they said the release is on hold?

What's up with that?
Old 01-31-2012, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default error code

I have purchased a new computer w/ windows 7 and when I tried to install my Hypertech software from the CD I got an error message "installer error 2869" It's kind of difficult to call your tech line during business hrs. plus I wouldn't have access to my computer anyway. Can you tell me what this error code means? thanx , Rich
Old 01-31-2012, 05:10 PM
JK Newbie

whats up with the enhanced features option disappearing on the update list? Not cool b/c i had the beta thinking i was going to get the current.

Last edited by hellazuki; 01-31-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is the enhanced features option available again? I don't want to return my Jeep to stock, then go to update the tuner only to find out the option isn't there. I'm too impatient to sit through all of the programming and file saving jazz.

Can someone let us know if the enhanced features are there or not?

Thanks!
Old 02-01-2012, 12:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was able to successfully download the update a few days ago. I installed it and that's when the fun started. My idle was rapidly pingponging between 400-800rpm and I had a check engine light as well as the DTC for unexpected idle speed (like I didn't know already) After going back and forth with Hypertech's tech, I'm still waiting for the final response, hopefully including a fix/patch for the update.

I gotta say, aside from the idle being totally jacked, I was able to get MUCH better throttle response, a few more horses and better mileage by about 2mpg.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes return to stock and update. The TPMS delete was not released in the original Beta. When you first shut off Traction control completely the lights show up until you crank the Jeep a 2nd time. Let me know if the lights are still on after the update.
Returned to stock and updated, but lost all new/beta features.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:46 AM
JK Freak

I don't have a tuner yet and I'm considering the Hypertech, but I have a couple of questions. Does the software work on a Mac? If, not, is the software needed only to update the unit? Can I order a unit to come ready out of the box with my preferred settings?

Thanks
Old 02-02-2012, 09:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am sorry at this point its not possible. Do you think a longer cord would make this easier?
Make it with a touch screen, add in available vehicle temps, pressures, etc, and have an available A-pillar mount and I'd be in... I'd even be willing to pay a premium for it. I've seen them for other vehicles and have wanted one since I got my Jeep in 2008. You should make it and it would solve this problem plus you'd be the only one on the market!
Old 02-03-2012, 05:56 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hypertech Representative

[QUOTE=CF2010;2826156]I was able to successfully download the update a few days ago. I installed it and that's when the fun started. My idle was rapidly pingponging between 400-800rpm and I had a check engine light as well as the DTC for unexpected idle speed (like I didn't know already) After going back and forth with Hypertech's tech, I'm still waiting for the final response, hopefully including a fix/patch for the update.

The update being shut down and your issue are directly related. The idle issue has been reported on five old hardware units paired with new version software calibrations. I was forced to remove the update due to one of the guys trying to drive a 6 speed trans with idle of 3,000 rpm.
The issue is very contained to a small amount of cals but for safety reason we pulled the update. My engineer should have all the bugs fixed early next week.

Quick Reply: Hypertech releases new JK Enhanced Off-Road Features for the Max Energy Programmer!