Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

JeepAddOns Exclusive HMF Fabrication JK 50 LED Light Bar Mounts

Old 01-07-2014, 03:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I'd like to see the gap between the A-pillar and the mount compared to the Eautogrilles mount. If this one is significantly better, I'll probably order one and have it painted to match my Jeep.

Anyone able to show pics of the gap between the a-pillar and mount, from behind, with the 52" light bar?
Old 01-07-2014, 03:38 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can try tomorrow evening. I'm out of town in a rental

sent from my work leash
Old 01-07-2014, 04:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mattgt5
I can try tomorrow evening. I'm out of town in a rental

sent from my work leash
Great! I really have no problem with the EautoGrills mounts, but I like the smooth looking texture of the HMF's, and the clean lines on the part where it mounts the light itself. I also like what appears to be its position slightly lower on the windshield. I also like the way I think it will look if painted to match the Jeep.

How is the wind noise? I get a bit with mine, but it isn't horrendous.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:23 PM
JK Jedi

I know it doesn't touch the paint up the windshield. I actually ran my wire inside the mount and came out behind the perch. Keeps it hidden pretty well. Yes it's loud but I see no reason why it would be any louder than any other.

sent from my work leash
Old 01-07-2014, 06:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mattgt5
I know it doesn't touch the paint up the windshield. I actually ran my wire inside the mount and came out behind the perch. Keeps it hidden pretty well. Yes it's loud but I see no reason why it would be any louder than any other.

sent from my work leash
The gap on the Eautos is pretty wide, especially at the top. Some guys have said it really bugs them. It wouldn't take much to have less of a gap. I'm thinking the HMF might have a slight bit more clearance for a snorkel with a dust pre-cleaner. I've got one ready to test fit with my mounts, but I'm not sure it can clear the round pre-cleaner. It should handle the regular scoop with no trouble, though. I just want to be able to run the pre-cleaner if I get to some really dusty places.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:48 PM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKduke86
That's what I thought...do you know how to differentiate when ordering? The website doesn't give an option for the longer light bar (not that I see anyways).
Good talking to you today, sorry I wasn't at my best.

Originally Posted by Vladimer
Hey Chris,

Do you have anything promising regarding shipping to Canada?
Let me know what your postal code is and I'll get a quote.

Originally Posted by dmwil
I'd like to see the gap between the A-pillar and the mount compared to the Eautogrilles mount. If this one is significantly better, I'll probably order one and have it painted to match my Jeep.

Anyone able to show pics of the gap between the a-pillar and mount, from behind, with the 52" light bar?
The HMF is significantly tighter, beefier and a cleaner fit.

Originally Posted by dmwil
The gap on the Eautos is pretty wide, especially at the top. Some guys have said it really bugs them. It wouldn't take much to have less of a gap. I'm thinking the HMF might have a slight bit more clearance for a snorkel with a dust pre-cleaner. I've got one ready to test fit with my mounts, but I'm not sure it can clear the round pre-cleaner. It should handle the regular scoop with no trouble, though. I just want to be able to run the pre-cleaner if I get to some really dusty places.
Scoop no problem, no idea on the round pre-cleaner. I would imagine that it would also slightly affect the measurements depending on what light bar you run. The 50" Engo with HMF mount will give you a bit more room to work with than the ebay stuff.

I've been out sick, but got in here briefly Monday for maybe an hour and a half and just been in part of the day today. I *hope* to be back tomorrow. Anyone calling or sending a PM, please be patient!
Old 01-10-2014, 07:07 AM
JK Newbie

Ordering a combo today hopefully, just wondering what the "rubber backing" looks like and is it comparable or as good as say the rubber gasket offered with the wurton light bar mount. I want to order the engo light bar with with ever mounts I get. I have a 2011 JKU. What do you think would be better for protection of paint and keeping mud, etc from finding its way between the mount and the pillar? Thank you, sorry if this may be a dumb question
Old 01-10-2014, 08:42 AM
JK Jedi

The rubber gasket is fine and covers all points of contact between the mount and your paint.

sent from my work leash
Old 01-10-2014, 09:07 AM
JK Newbie

What I was getting at is, it as good as a rubber gasket I guess. I am mainly wondering if its thinner or not or attached to the mount already.. dumb question I guess sorry...
Old 01-10-2014, 10:07 AM
JK Jedi

It's sticky on one side to hold to the bracket. Line it up, stick it on and attach. You will be good.

sent from my work leash

Quick Reply: JeepAddOns Exclusive HMF Fabrication JK 50 LED Light Bar Mounts