Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Level 8 Concept wheels - Your feedback requested

Old 02-17-2012, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree with deeper comment. If they want to copy some wheels how bout a cheaper version of aev savegre. Great depth, awesome look for any wrangler.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

This them?

What do they cost? Where can I get them? and what sort of spacers do I need? They look AWESOME.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:16 AM
JK Newbie

I think they're ok. They look a little too light though. I don't think I'd get them if I was going to do some real off road. I like the black. Like the designs, except for version C. That one looks too much like a car.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you made a gunmetal colored 5 spoke - I'd buy it if it had the right backspacing - like...4.5

If the 6 spoke was in gunmetal...I'd probably buy it too.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:47 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Thank you for your thoughts so far everyone. Keep them coming

Keep in mind these models are only concepts so there are no specs, weights, prices, or finishes set at this point.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just incase you are keeping a tally I too think they look to "import" for my tastes.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure how many other members here would like a gunmetal wheel, but that color is few and far between. The only choices are the AEV (overpriced and overdone by now), the Mambas (none have the correct backspace), or powdercoating/painting stockers or other wheels.

I would love to see something like this in a semi-gloss gunmetal grey color. 8.5" width would be good for 17's and 18's, and maybe a 20x10. I'm not sure how it will sell in the JK community because it is more a race-type wheel. I dig it though, and I am in the market for wheels.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like the clean look, but prefer a 5 spoke. I do like that they don't have a bunch of fake chrome rivet/bolts.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mopar2Ya
I like the clean look, but prefer a 5 spoke. I do like that they don't have a bunch of fake chrome rivet/bolts.
I agree.. I have two pet peeves in after market wheels:

1. knobs, studs, screw heads, rivets, and bolts fake /not fake, but especially when chromed.... I guess some people like that crap... but it seems like almost every wheel has 'em.. and it makes 'em look "made in china" to me.

2. No thought given to function: specifically excessive weight.

Wheels do not have to be heavy to be highly functional and tough. Look at the stock rubi wheels... under 25lb and I've never heard of one failing on the trail.. They're still the lightest 17 in whell available.

Examples of this thought in design? AEV. The wheels are the next lightest to stock, no extra cra hanging off of them, and all of the important bits are recessed...

Can't think of a single other wheel that is under 30lb (17 inch) and there are very few that don't have extra crud all over 'em
Old 02-17-2012, 02:28 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RayHoliO
I agree.. I have two pet peeves in after market wheels:

1. knobs, studs, screw heads, rivets, and bolts fake /not fake, but especially when chromed.... I guess some people like that crap... but it seems like almost every wheel has 'em.. and it makes 'em look "made in china" to me.

2. No thought given to function: specifically excessive weight.

Wheels do not have to be heavy to be highly functional and tough. Look at the stock rubi wheels... under 25lb and I've never heard of one failing on the trail.. They're still the lightest 17 in whell available.

Examples of this thought in design? AEV. The wheels are the next lightest to stock, no extra cra hanging off of them, and all of the important bits are recessed...

Can't think of a single other wheel that is under 30lb (17 inch) and there are very few that don't have extra crud all over 'em

X2 on this. I dont like all the fake on wheels. I like a clean look. I also dont want to run bigger then a 285 wide, so I would rather have options for 17x8. The 17x9 just increases how far out the tire sticks and can get me in trouble while in the inspection lane.

I like the look of these wheels. I would consider them for my Jeep. The AEV are my fav, but $200+ is just to much for me.

Quick Reply: Level 8 Concept wheels - Your feedback requested