Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Level 8 Pro Wheels - Built by Enthusiasts, FOR Enthusiasts

Old 10-16-2015, 09:23 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by isteppedindung
price for 5 wheels and tires 17" bully and 35x12.5x17 bfg km2 to 78418 please
PM coming your way
Old 10-19-2015, 06:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Would really love to hear some reviews from users that actually do some rock crawling. I'd like to know how well the rings hold up. Can anyone comment?

Love how the Tracker Pros look but if they can't hold up to a beating then it doesn't help me much. Tired of tearing up my aluminum rims in the rocks but I don't want beadlocks (at least not yet).
Old 10-19-2015, 08:40 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by PsychoCupcake
Would really love to hear some reviews from users that actually do some rock crawling. I'd like to know how well the rings hold up. Can anyone comment?

Love how the Tracker Pros look but if they can't hold up to a beating then it doesn't help me much. Tired of tearing up my aluminum rims in the rocks but I don't want beadlocks (at least not yet).
This is from a member on a different forum...

Originally Posted by JK-BadBoy
The Rim protector on the wheel is all you really need... I wheel hard in nasty big rocks with the Jeep leaned over till you're almost on the bead itself or at least until it's up against another rock. The plastic rim guard on the L8 wheels that I have (Bully Pro's) protect your valuable tire bead from damage. Nice big tires (37x12.5's here) last a while but are costly to replace, damaging your bead will ruin a perfectly good set of tires, so these rock rings not only protect the wheel but your bead. I know it doesn't help you as much if you're just painting the rock rings to look nice and then they get scratched but when you're out in the rocks and get stuck in a tough spot, those rock rings are awesome for protection. I should post pics of mine again soon, I wheel every weekend and they are in rough shape by now with plenty of scratches but... it's still my first set of them so it's killer that they have hung in this long (~7 months), especially when you consider that we crawl up V Notches on our sidewalls, climb up undercut rocks with the tire folded up (low psi) and are often leaned over while doing this. Those things take some real abuse. I honestly wasn't sure they would handle it. The best part is that at any time, I just replace the rings and everything looks good as new.

I will say that the concept of a wheel protector that sticks out is a bit of catch 22 because you do scratch the rings up more since they stick out more than a standard rim would but again, I feel it's worth it because the rim holds up, rings can be replaced and my sidewalls are in great shape, where some of my buds have tore up rims and beads pretty badly on the same trails but without the L8's. If you can find a good rim protector built into the tire that looks good, that's cool, go for it, nothing wrong with that but these replaceable rings are really the ticket for protection.

As to what looks the best, I think it looks fine as is but I will leave that up to the collective to decide, I'm honestly more concerned about function in this area.

FYI, I run ProComp Xtreme MT2's

Hope that helps!
Old 10-19-2015, 09:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fantastic! I appreciate you digging that up for me. Just what I was looking for.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:27 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by PsychoCupcake
Fantastic! I appreciate you digging that up for me. Just what I was looking for.
My pleasure
Old 10-20-2015, 12:07 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Another testimonial from another forum that was just posted

Originally Posted by Darkfire
Ok here is a little update on the bully pro 8 rims, more specifically the rub rings. I have been out doing my usual wheeling and abusing.... So my rings have taken some serious damage! The great thing is the rims have suffered 0 effect. To include bending a flange in the new Dyanatrac 60. So yesterday I took them off and with 220 grit sand paper and a palm sander I cleaned 90% of the damage out of the rings and re painted them. I have to say these rims (especially the rub rings) are fantastic.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:00 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

This is for the CJ5 fans... 15x8.5 (3.75" BS) Level 8 Bully Pro wheels mounted with 35x12.50R-15 BFGoodrich KM2 tires.

Old 01-18-2016, 05:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installation kit

i just bought some level 8 bully pros from Americas tire. They didn't come with with installation kit. Where or how can i buy the kit?

Thanks
Old 01-19-2016, 06:19 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by Brybrytheguy
i just bought some level 8 bully pros from Americas tire. They didn't come with with installation kit. Where or how can i buy the kit?

Thanks
We apologize for the mix-up with the lug hardware, Brybrytheguy. PM coming your way.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jtice
Also, has anyone ran the 15" Bully Pros with upgraded aftermarket tie rod ends? Reading about alot of issues with clearance issues with 15" wheels.
I am running bully pro 16" with synergy TR and I can tell you it is very close. I don't think 15" would work.

Quick Reply: Level 8 Pro Wheels - Built by Enthusiasts, FOR Enthusiasts