Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Now Shipping at long last! Bullydog 07-13 JK Programmers

Old 03-06-2013, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you figured out how to tune the 2011 and bypass they jeeps security built into the ecu
Old 03-07-2013, 08:22 AM
Former Member

Yes and only word on that because it's been a loooooong time coming... Finally.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepAddOns-Chris
Yes and only word on that because it's been a loooooong time coming... Finally.
So you will be able to tune just like it is a 2008 or 9
Old 03-08-2013, 03:48 AM
JK Newbie

Hey Chris I was wondering if you got the info on the different tune programs from an actual person or some kind of press release packet? The reason I ask is the Bully Dog site does not show them only a offroad setting for 85 octane.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:17 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by Sinister
So you will be able to tune just like it is a 2008 or 9
Yes sir!

Originally Posted by Progun2
Hey Chris I was wondering if you got the info on the different tune programs from an actual person or some kind of press release packet? The reason I ask is the Bully Dog site does not show them only a offroad setting for 85 octane.
Both. I posted these for sale the day they were released and information was from their press release. My only experience prior to this was with their previous model that worked for 07-10 models (which was very similar, but not available for 11-13). For full disclosure, there were a couple of bugs due to many different configurations of Jeeps, but those have been addressed at this point. Anyway, to answer your question (at least I think what you're asking), the tuning and the offroad settings work independent of each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Z85t47L8MV0
Old 03-08-2013, 04:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Did you say it will work if you switch to a hemi or 4bt?
Old 03-08-2013, 05:19 AM
Former Member

No clue. It works on the Grand Cherokee 5.7 and 6.1 Hemi and they have separate programmers for the Cummins without the offroad features. However, I believe that swaps involve a lot more than plug and play programmers. Trail Jeeps (who is a sponsor here) could better tell you about your needs for swaps. View Profile: Trail Jeeps - JK-Forum.com - The Ultimate Jeep JK Wrangler Bulletin Board
Old 03-08-2013, 05:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JeepAddOns-Chris
No clue. It works on the Grand Cherokee 5.7 and 6.1 Hemi and they have separate programmers for the Cummins without the offroad features. However, I believe that swaps involve a lot more than plug and play programmers. Trail Jeeps (who is a sponsor here) could better tell you about your needs for swaps. View Profile: Trail Jeeps - JK-Forum.com - The Ultimate Jeep JK Wrangler Bulletin Board
I plan on doing a engine upgrade later and would like to get something that would still control my rubi features and work on the new engine if possible with out having to buy it twice.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:28 AM
JK Super Freak

It wouldn't bother me if I had to send it off to get reprogrammed for a small fee.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:31 AM
Former Member

If you were using a custom flash on the stock PCM, then you'd lose the performance enhancements, but you should still be able to use the offroad enhancements (similar to when the Bullydog was only available for the 07-10 guys, but the '11 owners could still use the offroad features, but not the performance). If your swap included switching to the truck computer like some do, then I don't see how it could be compatible at all.

I wish I could give you a more informed answer, but HEMI, diesel and other engine swaps are not my area of expertise. My very limited knowledge boils down to drooling at those that have done it successfully. I'm not informed enough on HEMI and diesel swaps to really even be able to ask the right questions to get you the right answers.

Quick Reply: Now Shipping at long last! Bullydog 07-13 JK Programmers