Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Now Shipping at long last! Bullydog 07-13 JK Programmers

Old 03-08-2013, 09:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepAddOns-Chris
If you were using a custom flash on the stock PCM, then you'd lose the performance enhancements, but you should still be able to use the offroad enhancements (similar to when the Bullydog was only available for the 07-10 guys, but the '11 owners could still use the offroad features, but not the performance). If your swap included switching to the truck computer like some do, then I don't see how it could be compatible at all.

I wish I could give you a more informed answer, but HEMI, diesel and other engine swaps are not my area of expertise. My very limited knowledge boils down to drooling at those that have done it successfully. I'm not informed enough on HEMI and diesel swaps to really even be able to ask the right questions to get you the right answers.
Thanks you were helpful, I not so much worried about the performance upgrades for the hemi or the 4bt so much since they really don't need it. It was the trail features that I wanted to be able to keep.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

How come every bully dog I have had makes the transmission light come on when u tune I noticed on the vid you posted for the gt the trans light was on on it also why is this
Old 03-11-2013, 06:56 AM
Former Member

First I've heard of that for either diesel or gassers. Are you referring to the trans temp light? I didn't see it in the video other than seatbelt and locker lights.

If something like that was noticed, you would want to pull the trouble codes and find out if it is a standard vehicle warning code or a Bullydog code. What are you currently running a GT on and maybe I can help you out?
Old 03-13-2013, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepAddOns-Chris
First I've heard of that for either diesel or gassers. Are you referring to the trans temp light? I didn't see it in the video other than seatbelt and locker lights.

If something like that was noticed, you would want to pull the trouble codes and find out if it is a standard vehicle warning code or a Bullydog code. What are you currently running a GT on and maybe I can help you out?
On the video 3:31-3:34 shows the transmission light on under the mileage
Old 03-13-2013, 05:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Under the park indicator actually right under the p and above we're the mileage shows
Old 03-14-2013, 09:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sinister
Under the park indicator actually right under the p and above we're the mileage shows
That's the check engine light. Maybe while they were doing the demonstration they had the ignition key on but engine off.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can someone tell me the difference between the new Gas GT #40440 and the older model #40410 besides the newer one works with the 2011, 2012 and 2013 as well as the older JKs? Thanks
Old 03-15-2013, 03:49 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by xenowulf
That's the check engine light. Maybe while they were doing the demonstration they had the ignition key on but engine off.
Correct. If you notice in the video, the tach is showing 0.

Originally Posted by rubiconjk09
Can someone tell me the difference between the new Gas GT #40440 and the older model #40410 besides the newer one works with the 2011, 2012 and 2013 as well as the older JKs? Thanks
I'll need to confirm this, but rumor was that the program was being phased out of the 40410. That's the impression I got when these were first released, but I'm starting to second guess that. I do carry both, but will find out for sure. The 40410 is a less expensive option for the 07-10 guys and features are mostly the same. Will update when I have an answer for certain.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Chris for looking into it. I already own the #40410 so I hope it's a simple firmware update with the updated changes.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:32 PM
JK Newbie

Did not pick mine up from chris but I have got a couple things from him. Good guy.

Im loving my tuner so far I took back my 6th gear and some of my gas milage from my 35's on my 13 3.6L

Quick Reply: Now Shipping at long last! Bullydog 07-13 JK Programmers