Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Off-Road Evolution!!

Old 09-29-2008, 04:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can we buy them from david at northridge?
Old 09-29-2008, 05:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want them... Where and when???
Old 09-30-2008, 10:50 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cdc12372
I understand how you can gain the ground clerance by moving the shock mount up.

Can someone please educate me in how this will gain me articulation?

If I have the correct lenght shock that is fully compresed when hitting the bump stop... By moving the shock mount up 2"... Will the compressed lenght of the shock have to be 2" shorter to take advantage of the ground clerance?
The measurement of shock dispacement is 1.57"

Correct, from what you are telling me on your application, you would not be able to get the added ground clearance, which is equilvalent to running a 3" larger diameter tire.
If that is the case the next step would be the EVOLever System which will give you an unmatched 14" of vertical wheel travel with the added ground clearence aswell.

Like we said above, the stock JK and various lift kits that we have tested, Long Arm and Short Arm systems, did not use all of the travel under full articulation.

Here is a stock JK Unlimited full articulated.

Here is the shock measurement when fully articulated
Old 09-30-2008, 12:29 PM
Former Vendor

Cool stuff Mel
Old 10-01-2008, 05:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by David @ Currie Ent.
Cool stuff Mel
So I wonder if this would work well with Currie's long travel kit and the Rancho shocks? Or maybe I am trying to mix too many components....
Old 10-01-2008, 12:15 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ammonm
So I wonder if this would work well with Currie's long travel kit and the Rancho shocks? Or maybe I am trying to mix too many components....
This will not work with our kit. Our suspension systems are design to maximize suspension travel with the shocks we recommend. If you installed these in combination with any of our suspension systems you will end up bottoming the shock out before the bump stop hits. The side effects could be from leaky/broken shocks to busted shock mounts.

If you are more concerned with ground clerance than suspension travel, you could combine them and use a shorter shock.

David
Old 10-01-2008, 12:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by David @ Currie Ent.
This will not work with our kit. Our suspension systems are design to maximize suspension travel with the shocks we recommend. If you installed these in combination with any of our suspension systems you will end up bottoming the shock out before the bump stop hits. The side effects could be from leaky/broken shocks to busted shock mounts.

If you are more concerned with ground clerance than suspension travel, you could combine them and use a shorter shock.

David
Good to know. I already purchased the Rancho shocks, next on the list is a pair of your long travel kits. Thanks!
Old 10-06-2008, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Some pictures of the evo jk shock star installed
Old 10-07-2008, 10:10 AM
JK Freak

more info on this please...can i buy them from david at northridge yet? And will these destroy my tereflex shocks??
Old 10-20-2008, 05:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

For those of you watching this thread, the Evo Rock Star rear shock relocation brackets are out!

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...9&postcount=12

Quick Reply: Off-Road Evolution!!