Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Poison Spyder DIY "Rico Step" Kit--Add On to your Rubi Rails!

Old 10-17-2011, 10:06 AM
DTS
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poison Spyder DIY "Rico Step" Kit--Add On to your Rubi Rails!

The JK DIY Rico Step™ Kit from Poison Spyder allows the do-it-yourselfer to add a heavy duty rub rail and entry step to the stock Jeep JK Rubicon rocker rails. The components provided in the kit are similar to Poison Spyder's "Ricochet Rockers", hence the name of the kit. The kit includes DOM tube rub rails, Rico Steps and end gussets. The DOM tube pieces are CNC bent and pre-notched, ready to weld on. The Rico Steps and gussets are laser cut from 3/16 plate steel. The steps are brake-formed to provide extra strength and reverse-dimpled for foot traction. Requires welding.

Note that Poison Spyder recommends installing our JK Body Armor in conjunction with adding the Rico Step Kit to your Rubi Rails, and does not recommend the Rubi Rail/Rico Steps for hard core use. The Rubi Rails do not have the most robust mounting system, and the extra leverage that can be exerted by a rock pushing up against the outer edge of the Rico Step may result in the rails contacting the body sheetmetal. In this event, the JK Body Armor can help protect the Jeep's body from damage. For those venturing into the big rocks and tougher obstacles, we highly recommend our Brawler Rockers or Rocker Knockers, which will withstand much more punishment than the stock Rubicon Rails with Rico Steps.

Click Here for 2-Door JK Rico Step Kit
Click Here for 4-Door JK Rico Step Kit
Click Here for 2-Door JK Body Armor
Click Here for 4-Door JK Body Armor

Old 03-27-2013, 07:54 AM
DTS
Former Member

Thanks to Travis Ross for sending in some photos of his DIY Rico Step Kit install on his 2-door.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

What is the overall length of these? Thinking of cutting mine down when I cut the pinch seam back? Wonder if they would still work?
Old 03-29-2013, 12:18 PM
DTS
Former Member

Originally Posted by tae73
What is the overall length of these? Thinking of cutting mine down when I cut the pinch seam back? Wonder if they would still work?
They come in 3 lengths: 66.5" (4-door), 54.5" and 45.25".
Old 03-29-2013, 06:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Solid product

I run them, I'd recommend them if you plan on keeping your stock rubi rails! Pretty solid and look good.

Old 04-12-2013, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Doin this tm ...any pointers?

Quick Reply: Poison Spyder DIY "Rico Step" Kit--Add On to your Rubi Rails!