Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Poison Spyder Narrow JK Crusher Flares

Old 10-29-2012, 09:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are there a new set of narrow flares for the rears or you just use original design?
Old 10-29-2012, 09:36 AM
DTS
Former Member

Originally Posted by inspect-a-home
Are there a new set of narrow flares for the rears or you just use original design?
These are a close match with our existing rear Crusher Flares. The rear flares on the Gecko Jeep shown above are standard width. I don't know of any plans to make a narrower set for the rear.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Could you tell me the weight, can't make up my mind between these or waiting for the aluminum.

I just can't decide, I put the jeep on a diet lately and want to keep the weight down. But like the point of the steal and the strength.

One more thing the Green Jk on display do you know the lift and tire size for comparison.

Thx.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:00 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CMAN31
Could you tell me the weight, can't make up my mind between these or waiting for the aluminum.

I just can't decide, I put the jeep on a diet lately and want to keep the weight down. But like the point of the steal and the strength.

One more thing the Green Jk on display do you know the lift and tire size for comparison.

Thx.
those pics are from the offroad expo in pomona. i saw the jk there to check out the flares. it has a rock krawler lift, maybe the 3.5" x factor...cant remember specifics but i know its the kit that sets the rear axle back an additional inch. hope this is helpful
Old 10-30-2012, 07:34 AM
JK Newbie

Is there a planned or tentative release date for the aluminum model, and for the aluminum extreme crusher corners?
Old 10-30-2012, 07:53 AM
DTS
Former Member

Originally Posted by CMAN31

Thx.
They weigh about 50 lbs. for the pair. Aluminum will probably be about half that weight, so you'd be waiting to save about 25 lbs.

The sPOD JK has a 3.5" Rock Krawler long arm stretch kit. It had the stock Rubicon tires on it when we had it, then they put some Falkens on it for the Off-Road Expo. You'll have to check with sPOD for the spec's on them.

Originally Posted by johntate
Is there a planned or tentative release date for the aluminum model, and for the aluminum extreme crusher corners?
No dates yet for either of those.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

thanks for the reply. still thinking about it... its going to happen just trying to resist the newness and wait... will see.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

I really like the look of the narrower flares, but I'm waiting on the wider ones.

Any idea on when you will have a photo of them installed on someone's JK?

Do you have any word yet on when the wider flares will be available?

Will the wider flare be available for the rear also or only the front?
Old 10-31-2012, 08:05 AM
DTS
Former Member

Originally Posted by bo9roadking
I really like the look of the narrower flares, but I'm waiting on the wider ones.

Any idea on when you will have a photo of them installed on someone's JK?

Do you have any word yet on when the wider flares will be available?

Will the wider flare be available for the rear also or only the front?
The wider flares will have matching wider rears. I do not have a time frame for when those will hit production, but I did see a first article in the shop yesterday.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DTS
The wider flares will have matching wider rears. I do not have a time frame for when those will hit production, but I did see a first article in the shop yesterday.
Thanks, I'll stay glued to the forums and the PSC website looking for availability.

Quick Reply: Poison Spyder Narrow JK Crusher Flares