Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Product Releases

Old 03-11-2008, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody have a link to the page on Quadratec where to order these? I tried searching using the part number provided earlier and by just thumbing through all the tire carriers and didn't find it on Quadratec's site...
Old 03-11-2008, 08:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DirtyJeeper
Do you have any pics. of the brackets. I am curious in the differance between the JK and TJ Brackets. Also on how the brackets are mounted.
I had a TJ version of this and the mounting & brackets are quite different.

On the passenger side, you simply unbolt the hinge from the body and tail gate; then insert spacers and main hinge bracket on the tub and spacers on the gate. There is one internal brace behind the tail light.

On the driver side, there is an internal brace which goes inside the body (through the lamp opening, or up from the bottom).

You have to drill a total of 5 holes in the tub, all of which are hidden when finished, and clearance two bolt heads on the hinge.

Andy
Old 03-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

OK so Quadratec doesn't have them yet? Who does? I wanna spend money...
Old 03-12-2008, 10:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by serveapurpose
OK so Quadratec doesn't have them yet? Who does? I wanna spend money...
boxrcon check your pm
Old 03-13-2008, 02:35 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by DBFunJK
Andy,

If there was an icon for envy, I'd post it here. Great looking Jeep! I live in Prescott and have seen a green jeep with that carrier and a lizard brake light. I was wondering if that was part of the tire can carrier.

DB
Wow... the "green jeep" you saw was in Prescott for a very short period, while we set it up for an up-coming jeep event in PA. I don't have any vehicle shots of this part yet, and I'm not certain that there are any product shots other than what is attached.

I believe that these will also be available through Quadratec for those that are at the Moab event next week.

Y
Old 03-14-2008, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, wow, impressed that someone actually spotted the green jeep on the road with that bracket on before it left town!!!

Hey Andy, specifically for you... Did you do the install? What did you think of the instructions? Obviously you got it on. Any obvious issues? It's hard when we know how to install it right off our head to make sure someone with no experience will have all the info they need in the instructions.

Thanks,
Khris
Old 03-14-2008, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

The 'hardest' part was drilling two of the holes which need the right angled drill. I had Dennis from Xtreme do these. Also, you need two people to get the hinge bolts and spacers on while holding the main carrier in place.

Otherwise it's simple.

Andy
Old 03-14-2008, 05:53 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Default Mine will be here in 3 to 5 days

Yates,

Mine is on it's way to 4wheel parts, went down today and took care of all the delivery information. What can I say you're the man! What CARB gerry cans are best fit for the carrier?

Thanks you made my year,
Jake
Old 03-16-2008, 02:00 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by serveapurpose
Yates,

Mine is on it's way to 4wheel parts, went down today and took care of all the delivery information. What can I say you're the man! What CARB gerry cans are best fit for the carrier?

Thanks you made my year,
Jake
Hi Jake,

I'm kinda partial to the standard Blitz Jerry cans, but it'll work with most that are that style. Send us some picks when you can. Also, Khris Kading was the engineer that designed and wrote the instructions for this carrier. If you have any issues with installation he is your contact. PM me and I'll give you his direct dial number.

Have fun,

Yates
Old 03-16-2008, 06:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Do you by any chance have a side shot of the carrier? I'd like to see the distance between the tailgate and the tire.

Quick Reply: Product Releases