Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

RIPP 2012 JK Cold Air Kit

Old 03-14-2012, 11:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS
MPG can only go up with a mod like this - as the Dyno Video suggests more air equals more power with the fuel thats there already... This mod has had no adverse effect except that's its awesome and you wished you done it sooner... use coupon code MOAB2012 and save $$ until 4/9/12

LINK TO PRODUCT

RIPPTECH
I can see this only resulting in the ECU changing short and long term fuel trims eventually and essentially trying to cancel out the slightly lean mixture you are creating thus the power bump. Modern ECU can be quite aggressive in trying to correct for changes to air/fuel ratios. It's my suspicion the gains may only be short lived as the ECU tries to fix them back to factory cell values for better emissions. Thoughts?

Last edited by Lotus F1; 03-14-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a K&N CAI but removed it as it didn't fit with my AEV snorkel (cannot do without a snorkel in the jungle). For a 2010 Sahara unlimited does the RIPP CAI comes with the flexible hose to connect to my snorkel? Are you shipping to Brunei? Normally I get everything through Quadratec but I they don't seem to had it in they portfolio.......

Looks great !!! I want one..........
Old 03-15-2012, 06:08 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lotus F1
I can see this only resulting in the ECU changing short and long term fuel trims eventually and essentially trying to cancel out the slightly lean mixture you are creating thus the power bump. Modern ECU can be quite aggressive in trying to correct for changes to air/fuel ratios. It's my suspicion the gains may only be short lived as the ECU tries to fix them back to factory cell values for better emissions. Thoughts?
That is a good train of thought, but after 2500 and 5000 miles of testing, we find we have had no performance drop off. The Restriction of the stock intake works in the same gains as adding a high performance exhaust. The engine is not working as hard to bring in the air, think along the lines of breathing in through a straw, and no straw. The ecu has not demonstrated a reversal of power.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I received my RIPP CAI today, very nice! I'm still waiting for the dealer to button up a few things, I may install the CAI w/in the next week. I'll post my "butt dyno" results then.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:29 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by QUIKSILVERZ
have you done any dyno testing with the hood closed? IF so how did this affect the dyno numbers? I know many of the CAI for c5 vettes lose some performance with the hood closed. Just wondering if jeeps perform in a similar way.
Yes we've done extensive testing with our supercharger - no difference - BUT The underhood of a vette vs a JK...

Originally Posted by Markdsv
I had a K&N CAI but removed it as it didn't fit with my AEV snorkel (cannot do without a snorkel in the jungle). For a 2010 Sahara unlimited does the RIPP CAI comes with the flexible hose to connect to my snorkel? Are you shipping to Brunei? Normally I get everything through Quadratec but I they don't seem to had it in they portfolio.......

Looks great !!! I want one..........
YES - We can make the snorkel hose available for the AEV for a small additional charge - please email sales@rippmods.com

Originally Posted by Mopar2Ya
I received my RIPP CAI today, very nice! I'm still waiting for the dealer to button up a few things, I may install the CAI w/in the next week. I'll post my "butt dyno" results then.
Awesome - look forward to your review

RIPPTECH
Old 03-17-2012, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

RIPP I need some help. I'm trying to install the CAI. There were no instructions, though it should be straight forward. Having looked at the pics of the product on your site, it appears the bend in the pipe can only go one way that being closest to the TB. The problem is the RIPP IAT is located closer to the filter & the oem wire/connector wont reach the IAT now, not even close. What to do?

Also the IAT went into the RIPP grommet very tight, so tight it pushed the grommet to the inside some. There is also a hose that was connected to the top of the oem air box, what do I do w/it now?
Old 03-18-2012, 02:14 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks RIPP for being on of the first modded to bring products to the 2012 jk
I have a question about the videos
They show that the 2012 jk has 195 and 176 hp, but they are advertised of having 285 hp
Can you please clarify as I'm driving a 2012 Sahara 2 door manual and I'm sure that the power is there.

Thanks
Old 03-18-2012, 02:43 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DCR-Jk
They show that the 2012 jk has 195 and 176 hp, but they are advertised of having 285 hp
Can you please clarify as I'm driving a 2012 Sahara 2 door manual and I'm sure that the power is there.

Thanks

I might be wrong, but I think the 285hp that Jeep claims is at the flywheel. The numbers that Ripp is posting are at the rear wheels. So that is how much power you lose through the drive train.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DCR-Jk

Thanks
The 285hp is at the crank (just the engine), the lower #'s are at the wheel (of an actual jk), the lower #'s are because of driveline power loss (transmission, transfer case, drive shaft, axle, etc.).
edit: I missed KCTW's post. oops.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:13 PM
JK Newbie

Default question please

is there anyway u guys can show how it connects to the aev snorkel i bought a k and n intake and want a aev snorkel but have no way to connect it is there anyway u guys can show how the aev snorkel connects to the ripp mod cold air intake please

Quick Reply: RIPP 2012 JK Cold Air Kit