Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Rough Country Long Arm for JK - Kit Design Help - Thoughts and Opinions

Old 08-04-2012, 03:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ^^^^^^^^^^^What He Said!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well stated and I totally agree with you. For instance, Trail Masters Long Arm Kit for the JK comes complete with driveshafts and I believe it gives you the option to order with or without the driveshafts and or other components.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:23 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

If options for just long arms alone,don't make the price so high that a few hundred more dollars you can get the whole kit.Like stated earlier,most of us already have a lift kit and may want to add a short to long arm upgrades
Old 08-04-2012, 09:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the " x-series on my jku. I like the kit over all but it is lacking a few key components in my opinion. I'd suggestion A COMPLETE kit including the same components as the x-series. ( brake lines,coil,control arms, sway bar disconnects, shocks and all hardware) But include a front drive line, a rear adjustable track bar instead of the bracket that come with the x-series and include a drag link flip kit or high steer kit NO DROP PITMAN ARMS that will only put more stress on an already week steering sector shaft on the JK's Nothing I hate worst that to buy something then have to buy something else to fix a problem the first item causes. Case in point I'm having to put a drag link flip kit on my jku to correct the sloppy steering causes by the lift. I'm not knocking you alls product so don't take it as that I just wish somebody would step up and sell a COMPLETE lift kit done correctly. Rough country had the most complete kit with quality parts at a reasonable price is the reason I chose rough country. Would I buy rough country again absolutely! may be a long arm kit who knows ? Keep up the good work!
Old 08-04-2012, 05:07 PM
JK Freak

Bilistien shocks an options. And driveshafts. That my opinion. Can't wait for this kit
Old 08-06-2012, 02:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Making it so it is 100% bolt on (no welding) is very important for some. Also, being able to return the rig back to stock suspension (no cutting old mounts off) could be a good selling point too.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alabamacoalminer
I have the " x-series on my jku. I like the kit over all but it is lacking a few key components in my opinion. I'd suggestion A COMPLETE kit including the same components as the x-series. ( brake lines,coil,control arms, sway bar disconnects, shocks and all hardware) But include a front drive line, a rear adjustable track bar instead of the bracket that come with the x-series and include a drag link flip kit or high steer kit NO DROP PITMAN ARMS that will only put more stress on an already week steering sector shaft on the JK's Nothing I hate worst that to buy something then have to buy something else to fix a problem the first item causes. Case in point I'm having to put a drag link flip kit on my jku to correct the sloppy steering causes by the lift. I'm not knocking you alls product so don't take it as that I just wish somebody would step up and sell a COMPLETE lift kit done correctly. Rough country had the most complete kit with quality parts at a reasonable price is the reason I chose rough country. Would I buy rough country again absolutely! may be a long arm kit who knows ? Keep up the good work!
I have the same kit but I also included the dual steering stabilizer kit from RC as well and I've never had an issue. Drives straight as an arrow! Try it instead if the cost comes out to be cheaper then the drag link flip kit.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:52 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

These suggestions are great! We will definetly try to price it so that the long arm upgrade is fair to those of you that already have lift kits. As for driveshafts we do have those available and can be combined with all of our kits. I"ll see we can get a kit combo price for them though. I will also mention a adj track bar.

As for the arms they will be using a Clevite and Flex Joint combination. The arms will be very similar to our TJ long arm system. Using a lower adj arm adn a upper adj radius arm otherwise known as a Y link. The kit will be 100% bolt on. The only mods that come to mind are a few holes that have to be drilled in the frame to make room for flag nut installation.

Thanks again for your particpation. Keep the ideas rolling!
Old 08-06-2012, 06:55 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Gotcha...no pitman arm. I'll forward your comment directly to the head of our R&D department. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Alabamacoalminer
Old 08-06-2012, 08:07 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Baddintentions4u
A kit that is interchangable with or upgradable to our existing RC kits. I have a 4 in X-Series and would really hate to dish out more dough for a whole new RC kit just to have long arm version!

X2 this is a definte must as I also have a 4" X-Series

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0069.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	350046

Last edited by arkain04; 08-06-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

We wouldn't dare do that to you guys and gals.

Originally Posted by arkain04
X2 this is a definte must as I also have a 4" X-Series

Attachment 350046

Quick Reply: Rough Country Long Arm for JK - Kit Design Help - Thoughts and Opinions