Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Rugged Ridge Alloy Wheels & Wheel Accessories

Old 12-06-2009, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheonlyREDhead 2008 JK
I guess the extra 44.00 ring per wheel is just for looks it doesn't function as a bead lock since it doesn't call it a bead lock ring????
The MT classic lock is the same way. Not really a bead lock, but more to protect your rims from rocks.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:23 AM
JK Freak

Sharp looking wheel.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RedWolf
Awesome. I had been looking for the new Hyper Silver in this wheel. I saw it somewhere once, but figured I must be mistaken. Now I have a very tough decision between the Hyper Silver and the regular Silver.
What's the difference? Looking at the pics and specs on Quadratec's website I'm not seeing a difference besides price. Rugged Ridge does not mention the Hyper Silver at all on their website.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:13 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Quadratec Rep

Per Rugged Ridge, 4.75" is the backspacing, with a package weight of 30lbs.

I am waiting for our first set of Hyper Silver Wheels to come in...
They should have an OE sparkle to them... similar to the MOAB wheels that were optional on X model & standard on the 2007 Sahara. The other Silver is more of a flat tone...

Sorry, no pics of silver w/ black ring.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:46 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fuzzy™
Per Rugged Ridge, 4.75" is the backspacing, with a package weight of 30lbs.

I am waiting for our first set of Hyper Silver Wheels to come in...
They should have an OE sparkle to them... similar to the MOAB wheels that were optional on X model & standard on the 2007 Sahara. The other Silver is more of a flat tone...

Sorry, no pics of silver w/ black ring.
If I may chime in.... The Hyper Silver is a limited run. Quad has them but when this supply is sold we will not be replacing them. This is why they are not posted on the Rugged Ridge web-site.

Of the 4 colors offered I like the Hyper the best... Go figure.

Last edited by Rugged_Ridge; 12-07-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Oh wow!! How long do you think the Hyper Silver will last??? I wanted a color that was similar to the OE rim. From what you are saying, it is the Hyper Silver. The Silver Powder Coat will be a bit different?

I was looking to purchase in March. What is your idea of Limited Run? How long do you think I have?
Old 12-07-2009, 12:08 PM
Former Vendor

Oh wow!! How long do you think the Hyper Silver will last??? I wanted a color that was similar to the OE rim. From what you are saying, it is the Hyper Silver. The Silver Powder Coat will be a bit different?

I was looking to purchase in March. What is your idea of Limited Run? How long do you think I have?
They should still be around in March. I don't think Quadratec will have any trouble get these for you. Just double-check when it's closer to that time. Hate to tell you one thing only to have it backfire on us.

Last edited by Rugged_Ridge; 12-07-2009 at 12:14 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's awesome news! I know, you can't make any promises. But I figured you knew how many you made and would have an idea of how fast they will go, based on what else you produced. But I really appreciate the honest assessment. My wife has made me promise not to purchase anything until I am on my way back from Iraq.

So, this was my most difficult decision. I would like the color that is most similar to what is already on my Jeep from the factory. I can send you a picture if need be. But it sounds like you are pretty sure that the Hyper Silver is the closest match?
Old 12-29-2009, 11:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey Fuzzy,
I just returned early from Iraq for surgery and ongoing treatment for a serious medical issue. Looks like I am going to have some time on my hands. Have you received these wheels in Hyper Silver? Looks like I will be able to purchase in Jan or Feb.

Rugged Ridge,
These wheels look great! Looks like I will be missing the current rebate that is scheduled to end on 31 Dec 09. Any chance you see these rebates being extended for a couple more months, or maybe a new incentive?
Old 12-30-2009, 04:17 AM
Former Vendor

Hey Fuzzy,
I just returned early from Iraq for surgery and ongoing treatment for a serious medical issue. Looks like I am going to have some time on my hands. Have you received these wheels in Hyper Silver? Looks like I will be able to purchase in Jan or Feb.

Rugged Ridge,
These wheels look great! Looks like I will be missing the current rebate that is scheduled to end on 31 Dec 09. Any chance you see these rebates being extended for a couple more months, or maybe a new incentive?
As of right now we don't have any other promotions planned but I'm sure we will have some specific product line deals the first qtr of 2010.

here is a really good shot of the black...

Last edited by Rugged_Ridge; 12-30-2009 at 04:20 AM.

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Alloy Wheels & Wheel Accessories