Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Superior Evolution series axles

Old 06-08-2008, 09:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superior Evolution series axles

Wanted to know if it is common for the axle seals to start leaking due to the evolution shafts being slightly narrower? whats the best solution to fix this? or is changing out the seals the only alternitive. also, would using a set of tube seals help in this situation? thanks
Old 06-08-2008, 04:13 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MojaveGreen
Wanted to know if it is common for the axle seals to start leaking due to the evolution shafts being slightly narrower? whats the best solution to fix this? or is changing out the seals the only alternitive. also, would using a set of tube seals help in this situation? thanks
Yes, yes and no in that order. The new part # is Spicer 43116. It's the same inner seal as what goes in the old TJ 30 front axles. If you are talking about the Dana 44 front axle.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MojaveGreen

FWIW - I was under two different JK's (besides mine) this weekend comparing different suspension systems. All 3 (mine included) had stock shafts and all three had leaking axle seals on the passenger side front. 2 were Rubis and 1 was a X.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:50 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Duke
FWIW - I was under two different JK's (besides mine) this weekend comparing different suspension systems. All 3 (mine included) had stock shafts and all three had leaking axle seals on the passenger side front. 2 were Rubis and 1 was a X.
No kidding! Did the X have the D30 in it? I didn't realize it was happening that much.

Man that drove me crazy until I fixed it. Here's how if you're wondering:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ght=axle+shaft
I have the new seal for the Superior shaft and one of these days I'll get back under and do it again.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats interesting, mie is a D30 and it is the pass. side too.

Quick Reply: Superior Evolution series axles