JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/sponsoring-manufacturers-vendors-check-out-cyber-monday-specials-24/)
-   -   TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift - Spacers? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/sponsoring-manufacturers-vendors-check-out-cyber-monday-specials-24/teraflex-2-5-coil-lift-spacers-64044/)

Roxster 12-06-2008 06:11 PM

TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift - Spacers?

doc307 12-06-2008 06:46 PM

I used the teraflex ones with my stock ones.  Joe with Teraflex told me to use both of them together but I don't remember them in the instructions.

akonius 12-07-2008 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Roxster (Post 823892)
Today I installed my TF coil lift, adjustable control arms, and steering stabilizer, along with another maker's adjustable track bar. All nice stuff, and no real heartburn except those darn bump stop extensions up front. Had to boil them to make the rubber soft enough to slip into place. Also waiting to hear what will come of the zerk fitting oddity with the control arms, but overall they are pieces of art.

In any case, my kit included these rear coil spacers, which I did not install because they aren't referenced in the instructions. Should I? I re-used the factory rubber pieces at the top of the rear coils and had moved to the front before I realized I had these.

Thoughts?

Attachment 16250''

EDIT: Actually, in looking at these again, the ones in the picture appear thicker than the ones I received.

Actually, they are on the instructions...I put a clip from the instructions for the rear install below, check it out. Hope this helps.
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l.../Picture16.png

Roxster 12-07-2008 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by akonius (Post 824361)
Actually, they are on the instructions...I put a clip from the instructions for the rear install below, check it out. Hope this helps.

Interesting. That step isn't shown in the directions that came with my 2.5" coil lift. After looking at the TeraFlex web site it appears that the spacers I have are 1/2" and would be included in the 3" system. They aren't shown in the photo of the 2.5" coil kit.

If someone from TeraFlex can jump in and clarify that would be great.

sully151 12-07-2008 09:00 AM

I have those spacers with my 2.5" coil lift as well. I haven't installed the lift yet, so I am no help.

akonius 12-07-2008 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Roxster (Post 824459)
Interesting. That step isn't shown in the directions that came with my 2.5" coil lift. After looking at the TeraFlex web site it appears that the spacers I have are 1/2" and would be included in the 3" system. They aren't shown in the photo of the 2.5" coil kit.

If someone from TeraFlex can jump in and clarify that would be great.

Just noticed...those instructions are for a 2.5 Budget Boost not a coil lift...I don't know if that makes a difference in application?? Mr. Teraflex, can you please chime in??

HG07JKRubi 12-07-2008 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Roxster (Post 823892)
In any case, my kit included these rear coil spacers, which I did not install because they aren't referenced in the instructions. Should I? I re-used the factory rubber pieces at the top of the rear coils and had moved to the front before I realized I had these.

Thoughts?

Looks to me like you accidentally got some coil spacers in your kit. I don't believe they should come wit the coil kit unless you specifically ordered them. The one pictured looks like a 1" rear spacer...maybe you got a 1/2" spacer in your kit? Either way...seems like a packaging mistake to me. :dontknow2:

Roxster 12-07-2008 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by HG97TJ (Post 824694)
Looks to me like you accidentally got some coil spacers in your kit. I don't believe they should come wit the coil kit unless you specifically ordered them. The one pictured looks like a 1" rear spacer...maybe you got a 1/2" spacer in your kit? Either way...seems like a packaging mistake to me. :dontknow2:

The ones I received definitely look like 1/2".

doc307 12-07-2008 03:50 PM

Like I said above they came with my 2.5" coil lift and Joe with Teraflex told me if I did not use them the rear would be 1/2" lower than the front. So I take that to mean they are supposed to come with the kit.

Roxster 12-07-2008 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by doc307 (Post 824940)
Like I said above they came with my 2.5" coil lift and Joe with Teraflex told me if I did not use them the rear would be 1/2" lower than the front. So I take that to mean they are supposed to come with the kit.

Thanks. Did he mention why they aren't even referenced in the instructions?