Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift - Spacers?

Old 12-06-2008, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift - Spacers?

Last edited by Roxster; 04-15-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:46 PM
JK Super Freak

I used the teraflex ones with my stock ones.  Joe with Teraflex told me to use both of them together but I don't remember them in the instructions.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Roxster
Today I installed my TF coil lift, adjustable control arms, and steering stabilizer, along with another maker's adjustable track bar. All nice stuff, and no real heartburn except those darn bump stop extensions up front. Had to boil them to make the rubber soft enough to slip into place. Also waiting to hear what will come of the zerk fitting oddity with the control arms, but overall they are pieces of art.

In any case, my kit included these rear coil spacers, which I did not install because they aren't referenced in the instructions. Should I? I re-used the factory rubber pieces at the top of the rear coils and had moved to the front before I realized I had these.

Thoughts?

Attachment 16250''

EDIT: Actually, in looking at these again, the ones in the picture appear thicker than the ones I received.
Actually, they are on the instructions...I put a clip from the instructions for the rear install below, check it out. Hope this helps.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by akonius
Actually, they are on the instructions...I put a clip from the instructions for the rear install below, check it out. Hope this helps.
Interesting. That step isn't shown in the directions that came with my 2.5" coil lift. After looking at the TeraFlex web site it appears that the spacers I have are 1/2" and would be included in the 3" system. They aren't shown in the photo of the 2.5" coil kit.

If someone from TeraFlex can jump in and clarify that would be great.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:00 AM
JK Super Freak

I have those spacers with my 2.5" coil lift as well. I haven't installed the lift yet, so I am no help.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Interesting. That step isn't shown in the directions that came with my 2.5" coil lift. After looking at the TeraFlex web site it appears that the spacers I have are 1/2" and would be included in the 3" system. They aren't shown in the photo of the 2.5" coil kit.

If someone from TeraFlex can jump in and clarify that would be great.
Just noticed...those instructions are for a 2.5 Budget Boost not a coil lift...I don't know if that makes a difference in application?? Mr. Teraflex, can you please chime in??

Last edited by akonius; 12-07-2008 at 09:09 AM. Reason: wrong spelling
Old 12-07-2008, 01:02 PM
JK Junkie

In any case, my kit included these rear coil spacers, which I did not install because they aren't referenced in the instructions. Should I? I re-used the factory rubber pieces at the top of the rear coils and had moved to the front before I realized I had these.

Thoughts?
Looks to me like you accidentally got some coil spacers in your kit. I don't believe they should come wit the coil kit unless you specifically ordered them. The one pictured looks like a 1" rear spacer...maybe you got a 1/2" spacer in your kit? Either way...seems like a packaging mistake to me.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HG97TJ
Looks to me like you accidentally got some coil spacers in your kit. I don't believe they should come wit the coil kit unless you specifically ordered them. The one pictured looks like a 1" rear spacer...maybe you got a 1/2" spacer in your kit? Either way...seems like a packaging mistake to me.
The ones I received definitely look like 1/2".
Old 12-07-2008, 03:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Like I said above they came with my 2.5" coil lift and Joe with Teraflex told me if I did not use them the rear would be 1/2" lower than the front. So I take that to mean they are supposed to come with the kit.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by doc307
Like I said above they came with my 2.5" coil lift and Joe with Teraflex told me if I did not use them the rear would be 1/2" lower than the front. So I take that to mean they are supposed to come with the kit.
Thanks. Did he mention why they aren't even referenced in the instructions?

Quick Reply: TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift - Spacers?