JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/sponsoring-manufacturers-vendors-check-out-cyber-monday-specials-24/)
-   -   Trouble w/ Hypertech post here (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/sponsoring-manufacturers-vendors-check-out-cyber-monday-specials-24/trouble-w-hypertech-post-here-28892/)

pharmd24 12-28-2011 04:39 PM

new update will program

I got an update, but it will not program now. When I press y to program after it detects DTC's it asks me to turn the ignition off.. Counts down from five then asks me to turn the ignition on and press y... Then .... programming interrupted flashing back to stock!

Serial Number: 146xxxx
Part Number: 52001
Hardware Version: P45 - HW2368
Firmware Version: 210.519.6.82
CC Version: 2.7.1

mango10 12-29-2011 04:22 AM

I program my jk and it goes threw the whole set up and goes to the end were it says to turn ignition off but after that the sped has no correction and there is no power increase

Hypertech 01-30-2012 04:04 PM

If your having issues please call me on my cell 901-481-5120 (if it's late please text first) tech line 800-532-3351

norice4me66 02-19-2012 07:20 AM

Progrmed my truck last night every thing is great. but the trottle resp. at +20 for the hypertech setting I hit the gas and it bucks like it is hitting a revlimiter. But at 0 its fine

moabjk072d 02-29-2012 09:20 AM

Your inbox is full!

I tried to PM you but your inbox is full, below is the message I was trying to send.

Hi Joe,
My new updates seem to be working great and I am more then happy with it but I went to deprogram it before I took it into the dealer and gave me three trouble codes and one of them will not delete out of the system.
Can you please let me know what I can do to fix this, I am worried that if I take it into the dealer with the code that wont delete they may say I am messing with the computer system and void my warranty.

P04E0 (don't know what this is)
C1504 - Tire Pressure Sensor 4 Internal
B2204 - Ecu Configuration Mismatch (this one wont delete)

Hypertech 03-06-2012 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by moabjk072d (Post 2877391)
I tried to PM you but your inbox is full, below is the message I was trying to send.

Hi Joe,
My new updates seem to be working great and I am more then happy with it but I went to deprogram it before I took it into the dealer and gave me three trouble codes and one of them will not delete out of the system.
Can you please let me know what I can do to fix this, I am worried that if I take it into the dealer with the code that wont delete they may say I am messing with the computer system and void my warranty.

P04E0 (don't know what this is)
C1504 - Tire Pressure Sensor 4 Internal
B2204 - Ecu Configuration Mismatch (this one wont delete)

I currently have one other JK with DTC B2204 and its overseas, please call my tech line with the sn# on the unit. We can get started today on a fix.

Anyone else with DTC B2204 please call our tech support. The DTC does not cause drivability issues. The dtc only shows up as a code while scanning for DTC.
Tech 800-532-3351

look up any dtc on www.aboutautomobile.com

redluve1 05-13-2012 11:19 AM

hypertech programmer

error code 60, unable to enter diagnostic mode

kollinsb 08-08-2012 03:12 PM

I spoke with Hypertech support today and they stepped me through setting it up on my 2007 Unlimited. It's giving me the same problem it gave me when I tried to do it myself. It shifts up a gear every time I hit the gas. Also, it hits over 3000 rpm before it shifts out of 1st. I set it back to stock so I could drive it and not blow the engine. I guess I'll just set it back to the old settings. Any suggestions on the settings for normal street use (from the new features) I should use would be great!

Hypertech 08-16-2012 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by kollinsb (Post 3153553)
I spoke with Hypertech support today and they stepped me through setting it up on my 2007 Unlimited. It's giving me the same problem it gave me when I tried to do it myself. It shifts up a gear every time I hit the gas. Also, it hits over 3000 rpm before it shifts out of 1st. I set it back to stock so I could drive it and not blow the engine. I guess I'll just set it back to the old settings. Any suggestions on the settings for normal street use (from the new features) I should use would be great!

Call me on my cell *nine zero one four eight one 5120* my names Jim

jgib 09-07-2012 08:43 PM

So I just bought the Hypertech tuner from a forum member: awesome guy and I'm positive he didn't sell me a defected unit (atleast on purpose lol) because he's trying to work the problem out with me. So this is my problem.
Installed and tuned my jeep with great expectations. I have a 2007 rubicon unlimited.
This is the tune I set up:
Regular octane
Top speed: 99mph
Rev limit: stock
Thermostat: stock
Idle rpm: stock added winch 1600 rpm
Throttle body: stock
Throttle response: 4lo: -15%, lo: 5%, med: 20%, hi: 25%
Tpms: stock
Tire size: 36.50
Axle ratio: stock (rubicon)
So i successfully programmed the jeep and then drove it.
The new power was immediately noticeable and was excited for second gear... But second gear never came.. The jeep revs all the way to 6,000 in first gear and does not shift. I let off and the jeep felt like it shifted so I gave it gas and shot right back up to 5,000 rpm in first gear.. Long story short the jeep doesn't get out of first. I've tried manually shifting with no luck and the same results as leaving it in drive.
I have tried several different programs. First I tried everything the same except manually imputed 4.10 gears for my rubicon (should be in the stock setting but thought I would give it a try). Same issue.
Then tried same settings but used hypertechs setting for throttle response.. Same issue.
I've tried different axle ratios thinking maybe the guy i got my jeep from changed the gears and forgot to mention it to me lol ( wishful thinking).

So now I have a programmer that I bought only for the intention of using the throttle response and tire size. But now I'm left putting the jeep back to stock.