Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Truck-Lite's New LED Headlamp Series

Old 05-20-2012, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by arjeeper

They made you buy a new headlamp when you had a lamp failure after only having it for three weeks? Please follow-up. I would hope they'd make this right for you. Since I don't think there are any user serviceable/replaceable parts in the headlamp, there is very little you can do. I'd really like these headlamps, but some of these things like the flicker, make me apprehensive.
He purchased them in march. It burnt out 3 weeks ago
Old 05-20-2012, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

The vendor said they would ship a new headlight to me once I sent the defective one in. With the possibility of backorder, I didn't want to be without a headlight for a month so I had to order another. I'm not too happy about it and when I contacted truck lite I was told to deal with the vendor first. I understand the process but seems a little disappointing seeing as how new the lens was and cost.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I preordered in march and finally installed them in april. Wasn't a month before I had an issue.

Last edited by sheepdog; 05-21-2012 at 09:38 AM. Reason: correct an error in my timeline, sorry
Old 05-20-2012, 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sheepdog
I preordered in march and received them in mid April. Wasn't a month before I had an issue.
Experiences like yours has me steering towards cibies
Old 05-20-2012, 04:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The vendor said they would ship a new headlight to me once I sent the defective one in. With the possibility of backorder, I didn't want to be without a headlight for a month so I had to order another. I'm not too happy about it and when I contacted truck lite I was told to deal with the vendor first. I understand the process but seems a little disappointing seeing as how new the lens was and cost.
Understood. Hopefully they'll make it right. Kinda different with lamps like these. Can't go buy a replacement bulb or something local to limp by for a while. If there is a problem, only a new lamp ordered in will do. These still seem like one of the best headlight options on the market. I hope all the kinks get worked out because I want a set.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:16 PM
JK Newbie

Just ordered a set of these from discount fleet supply. My total cost was $419.85 after using the 5% discount code and free shipping. I felt this is was the best deal I was going to get for these. I should have them in a few days. I will post pics and my opinion once I get them installed.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jberk17
Just ordered a set of these from discount fleet supply. My total cost was $419.85 after using the 5% discount code and free shipping. I felt this is was the best deal I was going to get for these. I should have them in a few days. I will post pics and my opinion once I get them installed.
Wow, that's a great price. I paid about $100 more thanks to the taxman here in Massachusetts. As for the lights, I had the flicker problem and it annoyed me enough to get the SMS harness. No more flicker with the harness. The hotspots people have mentioned take some getting used to, but I'm coming out of Delta Xenons which give off all sorts of weird artifacts so the hotspots don't bother me. I did not have any of the fitment issues that people mentioned. So far the only thing I can say is that the lights are really bright and really white...so white that it takes some getting used to. It's a massive improvement over stock, and a massive improvement over the Deltas.

Good luck with yours. I hope you enjoy them.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:59 AM
JK Newbie

I purchased these lights in march and received one of the first shipments. I am using the rally lights harness due to the flicker. About 3 weeks ago I had the high beams on showing someone who asked about them, and one of the high beam lights went out. I retried them a few times and it never came back on. Long story short I had to buy a new light and hopefully it was just me. Just an FYI to everyone. I contacted trucklite and the vendor and it isn't resolved yet. I'll post my final dealings when I get some answers.....
This is exactly the chatter I have been waiting to come out. I called Trick-Lite 2 weeks ago and inquired about the "flicker" on their new headlights prior to my purchasing a pair, spoke to a girl in Tech support, she did verify that flicker has been reported by some users. I asked if that I experienced this on my 2010 would Truck-lite allow me to return them due to unsatisfactory results. She told me to go through the distributor and their return policies, but otherwise, no, Truck-LIte would not take this product back based on this because it's considered an aftermarket accessory, only if it was defective. That didn't sit well with me. I called some distributors and asked the same question, they too said if Truck-Lite would not warranty, or return them for this than neither would they. Last week I called JW Speaker, posed the same scenario, and they said absolutely send them back because we would want to put them through testing to see what's going on. Today I will be following up with the distributors given by Speaker to see if they are on the same page. Talked to a Truck-Lite rep on another forum, and he said they are working on correcting this problem, and I'm aware of this wire harness, but why should I buy something extra to make already pricy product work. In your case I think T/L should just expedite a new one to you and take the defective one back without any questions, never mind the distributor.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Clarification

Sorry to get off topic but I have been reading the responses to my experience with the lights and I wanted to clarify. I can see why after reading my post how one could interpret it a certain way. I am not "unhappy" or "disappointed" with the product. I really like these lights and would purchase again. I am hopeful that the light I had was an oddball. I checked my wiring/harness and installed the new light and no problems. It all works. I fully understand that they need to have the defective light first before they can just ship out new one. It is just that I would be without a headlight for the duration. It is my understanding that the vendor will refund the cost of the one light as soon as they receive the defective one and that is what I am hoping will happen. Truck lite requested I go through my vendor first and then them. And vendors are supposed to deal with these things anyway. I will post my final results. Thank you.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was really wanting a set of these but with the flickering issues people are reporting and then having to buy a harness to make them work properly and now the issue sheepdog has had I think I will pass for now even though they look like excellent lights.

If I have ever had a problem with something I have bought I have either got a refund or exchange within the returns policy of the vendor. If I am beyond that and run into an issue it has always been to go back through the manufacturer and have it warrantied (replaced or repaired) through them.

I find it kind of disturbing that Truck-Lite would not cross ship a replacement for the non working one and expected sheepdog to ride without a headlight during the whole process. They could have just taken the CC information and sent a new one and if they didn't receive the old one back within a certain amount of time then billed you CC. To me, that is very poor customer service especially for what these cost.

Quick Reply: Truck-Lite's New LED Headlamp Series