Notices
The Staging Area Find out who's in your neck of the woods, discuss upcoming trail events or land-use issues and hook up with some great people to go wheeling with here. To make things easier for you, this forum has now been broken down into sub-forums that are area specific.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ITEMS FOR SALE IN THE STAGING AREAS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jeep Jamboree

Old 06-20-2009, 02:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Jamboree

are the jeep Jamboree's worth the money? I was thinking about doing one but they are so expensive. especially since I live within 3 hours of most of the events and could do the trails on my own. what do they offer?
Old 06-22-2009, 06:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In short YES! Everyone should attend at least one for the experience. Incredibly well organized, excellent trails and guides, etc. We went to the Maine one last year and signed up agin for this year. Hope to add VT to next year's agenda.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:36 PM
JK Junkie

My wife and I are loving our first Jeep and are signed up for the Maine jamboree, we can't wait! It will be our first Jamboree, we hope to go to the VT Jamboree next year.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:46 PM
JK Newbie

OK, I was going to go to the Big Bear one here recently but they wanted $500 for my wife and I to attend. Just couldn't justify the money.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:08 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKDoc
My wife and I attended the Moab Jeep jamboree last year. Great time. Worth every penny. We have signed up for Ouray, Co and Moab this year. I see the greatest benefit as having a guide who can lead me through an area I have never been to before. A guide who can spot for me and I trust to do the spotting. We will not become lost. We will always get home off the trail since we have others with us. All this makes Good Wife very comfortable with new places which then allows investigating the area later on our own or with others from the group.
The food is good and the commaraderie is great.
A ticket to Circ du Soleil was $100 plus each. Great show but not as good as the Jamboree. Circ was less than 2 hours. Ticket to Universal studios was $100 each. Got to do four rides before the heat got us. That was 4 hours waiting in line for 4 minute rides. If you think the cost of the Jamboree is too high, consider what you spend your disposable cash on and put it in perspective. $500 for 2 full days of good times. That is a bargain in my book.
Good points. I actcually considered all these points before. I was just wondering what the Jamboree offers over doing the trail yourself. I may do the Rubicon Trail Jamboree or even the Moab one because they are places I could not do on my own with some friends. The other local Jamboree locations my friends and I can do on our own. I was just looking at what the Jamboree offered for a expereinced off roader. This is my first Jeep but I have owned a Smaurai that I built up for several years. Unfortunately there is no such thing as Samurai Jamboree!

Quick Reply: Jeep Jamboree