Notices
Stock Gladiator Tech The ultimate forum to get the latest news, updates, and discussions on the 2019 Jeep Gladiator.

Gladiator Disappointment

Old 06-05-2019, 09:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gladiator Disappointment

So I've been excited about the Gladiator since it was announced a couple years ago and gearing up to buy one.
My first disappointment is the price. I think all levels are 8 to 10 thousand above what they should be. Jeep could easily lower the cost by including some of the features that should be standard on basic models. I'm sorry the front metal bumper, bed liner, and LED lighting should be standard across the board.
My second disappointment is all the extra goodies they have been boasting about aren't even on any of the initial production vehicles that were released. For Ex. The front camera that cleans itself, the Bluetooth speaker and the biggest one of all a soft top/dual top. Its based on a Wrangler, I want to be able to take my top off with little effort during the summer to drive to the beach without having to remove the hardtop and figure out how to take it with me. In order to get any of these options you have to purchase one of the 4190 special first run editions for $65,000 or custom order and wait a couple months. One dealership I spoke with ordered a first run edition for a customer was their first gladiator customer. He found out he was waiting up to six months for his gladiator so he wound up purchasing a Rubicon.
Another issue with the soft top. Very few pictures have been released with the soft top folded back. Yes, it only folds back like a sun rider. They couldn't produce a top that folds all the way down below the head rest. I think this was a marketing issue. If they constantly showed the truck with a soft top just folded back on their commercials it wouldn't go over well. Sounds like the engineers missed the mark on this one. I'm hoping Best top produces a top to solve this problem.
My last issue is with all the Wranglers since 2010. Other than the red leather seats produced for the Anvil JK's they have only produce black and tan interiors. I'm sorry lets put an entirely black interior in a convertible vehicle. We should let the person making that decision sit on a black leather seat in the middle of summer in shorts. As for the tan I'm just not a fan. How about a gray interior like I had in my 2007 JK.
I still love the idea of the Gladiator and yes I will be stupid enough to get one however the price is going to have to come down a bit and I want to see some of the special features in person(like the front camera) before I pull the trigger. I guess Ill let them work some kinks out over the next year or two.
Old 06-05-2019, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 356 Likes on 332 Posts

You don't have to be the 1st Buyer - Confucius say when women says she is virtuous as day is long... Wait until nightfall.. Bet you're glad to get all this off your chest and out in the open. Jeep has been very very successful for the past decade - 2018 selling over 240,000 Wranglers. HAGD.
Old 06-05-2019, 07:44 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

With the current price point it will be a failure. The JL's are already being deeply discounted because of poor sales due to the high price. Not to mention it is butt ugly.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

That's funny, I'm disappointed for totally different reasons. What a letdown
Old 07-11-2019, 11:32 AM
JK Newbie

It looks fine. but the name. Gladiator. Was hoping they would call it the Scrambler, as in the model of old. but nope. Overpriced, too. By thousands and thousands. The Dirtman is correct - the price gouging could kill it.
Old 08-03-2019, 10:10 PM
JK Newbie

way over priced. can get a nicely loaded RAM 1500 for the same price and that would at least have a HEMI
Old 08-04-2019, 05:20 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by nighowl2000
way over priced. can get a nicely loaded RAM 1500 for the same price and that would at least have a HEMI
Yea but then you would just have a ram 1500 and not a jeep.....
The following 2 users liked this post by jadmt:
Kojack (01-14-2020), LC Boyer (08-04-2019)
Old 08-04-2019, 01:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by nighowl2000
If that’s what floats your boat.
Old 08-05-2019, 05:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, the local dealers can not keep them in stock - someone is buying them...

I like them, but, as mentioned, they (and JLs) are very expensive.
Old 09-02-2019, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

where are they being discounted?

Quick Reply: Gladiator Disappointment