Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

08 JK Clock Spring

Old 08-28-2012, 04:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 JK Clock Spring

This is copy and pasted from another forum...

The airbag light is on constantly now. It only goes off when the wheel is turned all way either direction, but once straight it comes back on in about 10 secs.

Talked to Moore Chrysler Jeep, at first one guy said that if they diagnose it as a clock spring, it won't cost me a thing. But if it isn't that it will cost me a $119 diagnose fee, and they will offer to fix it for of course a fee.

took it to a mechanic that I work next to, he plugged it in to his fault code machine, and it said that the airbag is not connected to the system, meaning the clock spring is bad.

Turned around set an appt back at Moore, shoed up on appt day and was told i will have to pay to get it done, ie no warranty extensions, or recalls. walked out.

Just got off of phone with Chrysler and got the same answer.

My question... I WONDER WHY THEY WON'T HELP, IT IS A SAFETY ISSUE RIGHT?

Airbag light on means no deployment incase of accident. HUH.

Waiting for Gary Harper, with 3 On Your Side, to call back.

If there is any info that you guys or gals have would help a lot. I am not about to pay, even if I get reimbursed, for something that Chrysler should honor and fix!!!

If I get into a wreck I guess me (if Im still here) and the family will be taken care of by Chrysler!!! HAHA

Old 01-09-2013, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any update?

Quick Reply: 08 JK Clock Spring