Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

08 JK Vin locations?

Old 05-05-2012, 08:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 08 JK Vin locations?

Hi Folks...

So, asking questions about VIN locations sometimes raises the old RED FLAG, but here goes anyways.

08 4 door unlimited jk, vin up by the windshield, vin on the sticker, should be one on the frame, is it the same as a TJ, L/H side above skidplate???

Big question is, where are the secret ones?? Chrysler put one on B Body Dodge cars on the trunk opening lip, L/H side if I recall. So in this day and age, I would expect at least one stamped into the jk tub somewhere not well know?

Buying a tub and frame project and I would like to confirm that they both indeed match and that there is no funny business going on... as I'm only buying "parts" not a complete vehicle. No registration with this...

Post here, or email or message me if you don't wish to discuss in an open forum.

Thanks.

mike.

Quick Reply: 08 JK Vin locations?