Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

16 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited Tranny Problems

Old 04-20-2019, 02:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 16 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited Tranny Problems

Hi,
I have a 16 jeep rubicon unlimited with 7650 miles. Bought it with 5500 miles. When I drove it home the tranny was acting weird. It would downshift going up a grade on the freeway but would not shift back up going down the other side. Finally threw a code for the tranny. The dealer changed out the valve body and a 3rd and 4th sensor. Never fixed the problem. When I hook up my dirt bike trailer with a couple of bikes. It shifts up to 3rd and goes no further unless I do it manually. They are claiming that the problem is with the 35s that are on it. The ecu was programmed with a procomp wheel size programmer. We were just in Moab riding dirt bikes and it turned out it was Jeep Week there. I talked to about a dozen JK owners with auto and they have never had a problem. Your thoughts on this would be appreciated. It's still under warranty but it is a big hassle.

Thanks
Old 04-20-2019, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What code did it thrown for the trans? And have you checked the fluid level?
Old 04-21-2019, 12:36 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,598 Posts

Don't read a whole lot about tranny issues on here, and that seems redonk for a few thousand miles. There is NO way it's related to the tires at all....and that is just the dealer grasping at anything to blame. NO way. That situation sounds really suspect....as in there was a reason it was sitting there with 5500 miles. It was never "right" from the get go.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

It isn't the tires. What were the codes? Dealer needs to make good on this. Also check the fluid. There is a good chance they didn't.

Quick Reply: 16 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited Tranny Problems