Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2 DR front seat(s) FOLD & TUMBLE

Old 11-07-2006, 11:17 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just wished they would have mounted the seat belt differently!
Old 11-08-2006, 04:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just looked at the jeep website and they list a "Easy Access Passenger Tip-and-Slide Seat". does anyone know if the 2dr passenger seat acts differently than the drivers side? just a thought.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:50 AM
JK Super Freak

What are the chances of another mechainism being offered by the aftermarket for the stock seats?
Old 11-08-2006, 07:29 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dc_Minnesota
I just looked at the jeep website and they list a "Easy Access Passenger Tip-and-Slide Seat". does anyone know if the 2dr passenger seat acts differently than the drivers side? just a thought.
Yes, it does act differently than the driver's side seat.

On the passenger side, on the right of the seat (if you are seated in it, near the door) are two levers. The lower horizontal lever (the one attached to the base of the seat) adjusts the recline angle of the seat back. there is an upper lever there too that is more verticle (it is on the side of the seat back). When you press the second lever to the rear of the vehicle, it flips the seatback forward, and releases the seat base at the same time, so the back flips forward, and the whole seat slides forward. about 6 inches i think, it aint much, but it lets me get in there. The drivers side seat will move forward and tilt forward too, but you must do both actions seperately with their respective controls. The passenger side one does both with just the one lever.

Whn you are done on the passenger side, push the top of the seat towards the rear of the vehicle, it will go back to the reclined angle it was at previously (i think) and slides backwards at the same time, although it wont slide to where you had it set if you originally had it set all the way to the rear.

It is an attempt to make access easier. it helps, but it still sucks.

Hope this makes sense.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:02 PM
JK Newbie

for me i tried to get the pasg. seat as far forward and there was only about 2-3 inches from base/back of seat to the back of door opening

thats not enough to get a normal size shoe through, this just seems wrong! there is a big difference compared to the TJ

it's a saftey hazard if your a Nader type, your friend gets out of the back seat, gets there foot stuck in between seat and door frame and falls flat on her face

even cheap econo box 2 door cars give enough room to get your foot through

I will have to try on another jk 2dr just to be sure
Old 11-15-2006, 07:59 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah, its way way more dificult than the TJ is. I think its to push people into the 4-Door. Its certainly making me wish I had gotten the 4-door, just from hauling baby. If I could trade up without taking a bath, I probably would. But I know I'll lose my shorts on the depreciation.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:36 AM
JK Newbie

I just noticed yesterday that while it's a bigger pain to move the driver's seat, it's easier to get in from there. Apparently they decided to attach the seat belt to the seat on the passenger's side, but to the floor on the driver's side. Brilliant!
Old 11-16-2006, 07:17 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tcpatter
I just noticed yesterday that while it's a bigger pain to move the driver's seat, it's easier to get in from there. Apparently they decided to attach the seat belt to the seat on the passenger's side, but to the floor on the driver's side. Brilliant!
Really? I feel dumb, i missed that! now i am going to have to go look after work (rode the m/c to work today)

WTH would they do that?
Old 11-16-2006, 01:50 PM
slik

Originally Posted by Phishjeep
What are the chances of another mechainism being offered by the aftermarket for the stock seats?
Apparently, there is room for the passenger seat to go forward a couple of inches yet, so if the aftermarket gnomes could come up with the following two things, it'd help fix this glaring inadequacy to somewhat livable:

1. New longer-travel seat base rails that allow the passenger seat to go as far forward as possible. This will free up a couple of valuable inches in the space behind the passenger seat for entry/exit.

2. Floor anchor for the seat belt.

Any thoughts?
Old 11-18-2006, 11:16 PM
JK Newbie

Wonder why they couldn't have made the back seat rear-facing, so a person could get in & out throught the back?

Quick Reply: 2 DR front seat(s) FOLD & TUMBLE