Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2 questions- Clutch brand suggestions and new alternator increased MPG?

Old 12-04-2020, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 471 Likes on 423 Posts

If you got a lot of miles from the first one why not use the original Jeep brand again?
Old 12-04-2020, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

It's easy to smoke the original jeep clutch. I've got a spec stage 1 or 1+, I don't recall which, but when you hit the pedal- it is quick to grab and holds better. It'll still get that smoke smell if you're backing a trailer up a grade though....disadvantages of larger tires before a regear, but- that factory clutch lasted a long while and took quite a bit of off-road abuse.
Old 12-10-2020, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Karl, so my throw out bearing finally shit, started hearing a couple weeks ago a faint rubbing noise, suspected it was the clutch/pressure plate and today definitely the throw out bearing is shot squealing like a pig. I have a small oil leak as well that has been accumulating fluid on the bell housing. Anyways I trust your judgement so asking what is your opinion for what all I should replace. Aftermarket or should I stick with all stock?
Old 12-10-2020, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by hornetman
Karl, so my throw out bearing finally shit, started hearing a couple weeks ago a faint rubbing noise, suspected it was the clutch/pressure plate and today definitely the throw out bearing is shot squealing like a pig. I have a small oil leak as well that has been accumulating fluid on the bell housing. Anyways I trust your judgement so asking what is your opinion for what all I should replace. Aftermarket or should I stick with all stock?
Hey there buddy!

I'm happy with my Spec stage 1 but I don't know that it's and 'better'. It grabs faster/ harder than factory but it still gets hot and such if you are out playing all day. It's a MUCH firmer pedal than factory- MUCH firmer. I like it, and I daily'ed it in Norfolk but just something to be aware of.

Quick Reply: 2 questions- Clutch brand suggestions and new alternator increased MPG?