JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Stock JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/)
-   -   20 Minutes to Refill Gas...here is what fixed mine! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/20-minutes-refill-gas-here-what-fixed-mine-325230/)

jstikel3 08-26-2015 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by kik (Post 4136898)
What they do now is replace the fuel fill tube as per the updated TSB. The new design has a check valve that prevents the fuel spilling when refueling. It's an easy fix and the tank doesn't get removed.

I had mine back the same day and they normally give you a loaner when doing recall work. I put it off for a long time. Really glad I had them fix it... even better when it's FOR FREE

theONLYbigHEAD 11-17-2015 10:41 AM

I'm having a similar problem with 07 unlimited. Takes 20 minutes to fill with fuel, just called the Stealership and they said they didn't show any recalls for my jeep. But to bring it in to have them scan it for (PSD?) recalls? The guy I spoke with said he thought there was a fuel filler neck recall, but couldn't be sure without hooking it up. Anyone else heard of this?

Mark Doiron 11-17-2015 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by theONLYbigHEAD (Post 4160848)
I'm having a similar problem with 07 unlimited. Takes 20 minutes to fill with fuel, just called the Stealership and they said they didn't show any recalls for my jeep. But to bring it in to have them scan it for (PSD?) recalls? The guy I spoke with said he thought there was a fuel filler neck recall, but couldn't be sure without hooking it up. Anyone else heard of this?

It wasn't a recall. Owners of certain 2007s have an "unwritten" lifetime warranty on the gas overflow problem. Actually, it was written in a letter to the owners of affected vehicles. We were advised to keep the letter. But, I had a similar letter for the clockspring (for first 150K miles only), and when mine went bad at 147K miles, dealer changed for free without ever asking to see letter.

jstikel3 11-23-2015 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by theONLYbigHEAD (Post 4160848)

The dealer should be able to look up recalls using your VIN number. You can also do it there are some websites out there. They replaced my filler neck and clockspring all at once. Didn't fix my cut off issue. Had them run a smoke test and it revealed the ESIM (or vapor leak detection system). They just changed the name. Hope this helps.

Foo 01-31-2016 11:25 PM

Mine went from overfill issues, to no gas getting into it. I replaced the $40 hose today, but that didn't help the no gas fill issue, but once I fix that, it should help the overflow. Next is the Evaporative System Integrity Module I guess. for faster fill ups.

jstikel3 02-10-2016 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Foo (Post 4183403)
Mine went from overfill issues, to no gas getting into it. I replaced the $40 hose today, but that didn't help the no gas fill issue, but once I fix that, it should help the overflow. Next is the Evaporative System Integrity Module I guess. for faster fill ups.

I haven't heard of it getting to that extreme. If you do replace the ESIM don't get it from the dealer. Cost about $15 and takes 5 minutes to change.

JKTJ 04-11-2016 07:09 AM

Just bought a used 08 JK. I have put gas in twice and both times it overflowed. I searched here and saw similar JK's with that problem. With that info in my hand, I called the dealer and told them my problem. No questions. They proceeded to schedule an appt. Didn't hurt that the service writer has a JK that had the same problem. Got to say thanks to this thread for the info.

jsukey 04-11-2016 08:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It's not a recall, it's classified as a service bulletin and is good for an unlimited amount of time and mileage. I just had my '07 JK done last week. I too had the gas blow back and slow fill. It is fixed now though. I only have one complaint with the dealership mechanics...they're downright lazy. I told the service advisor that it was throwing a CEL and a replace gas cap message every couple of weeks. P4033 - large EVAP leak. I think that's the right code anyways. I wasn't sure if it had anything to do with what was being changed or not. I had already replaced the gas cap last year. Anyways, when I picked it up there was a notation at the bottom of the paperwork stating that there was a broken Evap line at the fuel tank. Instead of taking 5 minutes to stop and call to ask whether or not to repair it, he just put it back together. Who does that? I would have gladly paid for the replacement part. Hell, all it would really take is a couple of hose clamps and a piece of rubber fuel line!! Now the tank has to be dropped again to fix it. Thanks once again for confirming every shitty thread I've read about dealerships.

un lupis 04-11-2016 09:58 AM

^^^^^ This Is The Fix ^^^^^^

Chrysler / Mopar part # CNNX321AC .
Mine now takes fuel and does not spit it out the fill neck .

No more fuel running on the ground and on the side of Jeep .

And I think it was 30.00 at the dealership , and was in stock .

Less than an hour to install , well worth it .

Foo 04-11-2016 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Foo (Post 4183403)

Update.

Maybe it needed a couple tanks, but now my fill up is full speed and no overflow. :cool: