Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2007 JKU 3.8L motor rebuild

Old 05-05-2019, 03:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 JKU 3.8L motor rebuild

I recently found out that my jeep had a rod knocking in the motor. Was recommended for me to replace motor with a Mopar remanufactured, but I honestly can't afford it! Can I pull the motor and just rebuild it? Anyone have knowledge-based opinions on this subject? I'm very mechanically/electrically skilled but it has been a LONG time since I rebuilt a motor. Thanks in advance!
Old 05-05-2019, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by Goody4u88
I recently found out that my jeep had a rod knocking in the motor. Was recommended for me to replace motor with a Mopar remanufactured, but I honestly can't afford it! Can I pull the motor and just rebuild it? Anyone have knowledge-based opinions on this subject? I'm very mechanically/electrically skilled but it has been a LONG time since I rebuilt a motor. Thanks in advance!
Here you go. A complete step-by-step rebuild video of the 3.8L.
Old 05-06-2019, 09:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is awesome, thanks!!

Quick Reply: 2007 JKU 3.8L motor rebuild