Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2011-'12 front seat assembly

Old 01-10-2012, 09:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011-'12 front seat assembly

Hey guys i have a 2012 wrangler sport 2 door and the front seat creaks a lot with jerky movement. Sometimes even feels like it moved slightly but usually im too focused on what i am navigating around to tell. I know this is not normal but if anyone else experienced this please let me know if you found a resolve for this aside from going to the dealer i would like to fix this myself if possible.

Now i am a big guy im 6'3 330lbs so maybe im too heavy for the stock seats i dont know and if so fine. im going to upgrade to some mastercrafts or corbeau's in the future but that wont be for a few months and dont want the seat to break on me driving around.

So i am asking for any and all help pertaining to the situation i have tried searching in numerous forums and around the internet and the only similar thing i heard was people greasing the slide assembly tried and did not fix so if anyone has experienced this, fixed this, or even if someone knows where i can find an assembly/repair diagram of the front seats to see where all the bolts are that would be great sorry for the lengthy post thank you.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Mine does

My only complaint about my Jeep is the squeaking seat. Sunday I sprayed WD40 on some of the springs that I could see...to no avail. I plan to keep trying. Oh and I am 5'8 and 185 so weight should not be a factor.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't experienced the creaking noises, but I have disassembled my 2011 drivers seat to move the seat frame slider assembly back 2 inches on the frame that bolts to the floor. They are 2 seprate pieces bolted together and maybe yours is loose. To get to this you have to remove the 4 bolts that hold the the frame to the floor (very tight had to use a breaker bar) and pull the seat out. Flip it upside down and there are small nuts (no comments about nuts please) screwed onto threaded studs holding the 2 frames together. Check them.
Nobody likes going to the dealer if they don't have to. Good luck big guy.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:06 PM
JK Freak

Yes mine creaks alot
Old 01-10-2012, 02:31 PM
JK Newbie

Hmm so it seems other have this issue I just don't want it to break on me. I checked the four bolts in the floor and are all rock solid and there are 6 nuts 3 on each side of the slider I can see and were all very tight I check the ones on each side of the seat where the base and back meet those were snug. So unless there's some other bolts I'm missing it might just be the springs. I guess I'll have to pull the seat out this weekend and see if there's anything else

I'll have to look for those nuts you mentioned kaptkrappy see if that is the key.

Last edited by zombie4x4; 01-10-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:50 PM
JK Newbie

I know this is old but did you get the issue resolved? I've not even had my 2012 a week yet and the creaky seat is driving me nuts. Any one else have this problem and a possible solution? Seems like a minor issue to go back to the dealer with but it's very annoying.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:52 PM
JK Freak

Same problem

The dealer finally just called today stating they are ordering me a new seat frame

There is another jeep forum I googled and found more info on it
Old 05-10-2012, 07:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine does it too....I have found if I give the seat height adjuster about 1/2 a "pump" the squeak stops. If you have the height adjuster give it a try - I am a big guy too-6'3" and 325.

Quick Reply: 2011-'12 front seat assembly