Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2012 jk 2.8crd p0706 fault code

Old 05-09-2024, 12:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 jk 2.8crd p0706 fault code

Hi guys,

​​​​​​Newbie jeep owner and looking for some help.

It's a 2012 jk 2.8crd diesel with a 6 speed manual transmission.

Car runs and drives fine, no check engine light, took her for the annual test and they check the ECU codes, it came up with a p0706 error, so failed.

Doing some research and this seems to relate to transmission range sensor on an auto, but my car is a manual, and I can't find any info relating to this code on manual cars.

​​​​​​Garage reset the code, drive around the block, check again and it's back.

Just checked now with the key on/off test and no codes showing, just dashes and then done.

​Can anybody offer any advice please?

Many thanks

Last edited by Penny67; 05-09-2024 at 01:14 AM.
Old 05-12-2024, 03:19 PM
RLT
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That's crazy.
Yearly MOT test in UK just tests the exhaust smoke on the Diesel. ( mines a 6 speed manual 2007)
This must be one of those EU directives to make it more difficult to own a private vehicle.
I would check to see what wiring / connectors there may be linked to the manual box that may be an issue
Would changing the gear box oil make a difference I wonder ?
Could it be the ECU is programmed to look for the sensor, ( as most Wranglers are auto's) with it not being there registers the code in the memory anyway and is irrelevant to the running of the engine ?
I've never used a code reader on mine so wouldn't know if such a code would appear.
Have you checked it out with an official JEEP dealership ?

Quick Reply: 2012 jk 2.8crd p0706 fault code