Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2012 Rubicon front diff mystery connector (see photo)

Old 10-23-2022, 12:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Rubicon front diff mystery connector (see photo)

Was under the Jeep today and noticed this connector hanging down. Not sure what it connects to, the wire coming down has two connectors one is connected to top of the diff the other is hanging down as shown below. Is it the sensor or the locker actuator connector? It has a red locking connector on it.
Old 10-24-2022, 04:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Looks like the connector to the wheel speed sensor that connects behind the front shock tower.
Old 10-24-2022, 06:59 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

I cannot see in your picture.....is the wiring connected to the locker plunger, the other plug going into the diff? It's clear the wiring is connected to the actual actuator, but that is my guess since the wiring harness is coming right off the same corrugated line as the locker actuator is, or appears to be.
Old 10-24-2022, 08:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
I cannot see in your picture.....is the wiring connected to the locker plunger, the other plug going into the diff? It's clear the wiring is connected to the actual actuator, but that is my guess since the wiring harness is coming right off the same corrugated line as the locker actuator is, or appears to be.
Yeah its connected to something at the top of the diff, looks like maybe something was deleted or broke off by previous owner? I see where it looks like where this connector is supposed to mount to, but not seeing what it attaches to.

Thanks Again, trying to sort everything out for some first time off road fun this fall.

Old 10-24-2022, 08:48 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Y, that is where the plunger goes. it appears someone deleted that and just has a plug installed there now. This is what would typically be there -

As the actuator ring on the locker assembly engages, it extends the plunger which indicates to computer that the locker is engaged (the dash light illuminates etc). At least in a factory rubicon set up that is how it is.

Quick Reply: 2012 Rubicon front diff mystery connector (see photo)