Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2012 Rubicons allegedly coming with 3.73's instead of 4.10's ?

Old 07-05-2012, 07:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so it gets interesting.
I am definitely on 3.73 gears and with 35" tires I am outside the best power range for the jeep according to the chart posted on these forums for power when running 35"s with 3.73 gears at 70mph in a 5spd auto.

So after recalibrating my computer with a AEV procal I discovered that I am running 2150 -2200RPMs at 70mph true. comparing that to the chart I discover that I am just within the best power range on the chart if I am on 34" wheels. So I measure my true tire diameter by using the rolling measure and dividing by Pi and discover my 35"Mickey Thompson ATZ's are really 34".

So I am actually in pretty good shape with my set up. In fact if I were on 4.10 gears on these tires I would be inside the optimum power range on the hi rpm side running around 2300 or more for 70mph.

So I guess it will work out!!!!

Of course Ill know as soon as I start towing my 2300lb trailer from Florida to Colorado in 2 weeks! my pants seat tells me I have alot more power at lower RPMs than I did in my 08 even with it having 4.10 gears!

Now if the engine will just hold together. . .

Quick Reply: 2012 Rubicons allegedly coming with 3.73's instead of 4.10's ?