Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2012 traction control

Old 01-03-2012, 12:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 traction control

Ok so we finally had a snow fall worth getting excited about and since i have only had my new toy since the middle of December I couldnt wait to get it in the snow. Is it just me or are all these traction control/safety features making cars not fun any more. I mean i turned off the t.c. and as I was getting sideways another light started flashing and I had to fight it just to get a good snow drift on!!! What the heck!!! Is there something im doing wrong? Am I not dissabeling it all the way or is this how it is?
Old 01-03-2012, 12:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by triggergt
Ok so we finally had a snow fall worth getting excited about and since i have only had my new toy since the middle of December I couldnt wait to get it in the snow. Is it just me or are all these traction control/safety features making cars not fun any more. I mean i turned off the t.c. and as I was getting sideways another light started flashing and I had to fight it just to get a good snow drift on!!! What the heck!!! Is there something im doing wrong? Am I not dissabeling it all the way or is this how it is?
What you are describing is the stability control system, and yeah it does make it tough to cause a rear wheel drift but i guess at the end of the day do you really need to do it? :P

You can disable the whole system by doing the steering wheeling dance, or there is a write up on how to wire up a switch to kill the whole system.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by triggergt
You don't want it off ever drive a TJ or CJ that doesn't have it? short wheelbase + rear end slide is downright scary.

Quick Reply: 2012 traction control