Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2013 JK won't crank initially and then all dashboard lights turn on

Old 10-16-2018, 05:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 JK won't crank initially and then all dashboard lights turn on

I have electrically stock 2013 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport. When I turn the key in the ignition, nothing happens except for all the lights on the dashboard come on. If I wait about 15 seconds and try again (without removing the key), it will crank right up.

I have read posts of similar issues, but nothing with this exact issue. I have tried resetting the key security by pulling the fuse for almost a minute with no luck. The battery also measured 12V and was over 5 years old, so I replaced that as well. Still having the same issue.

Anyone experience this or have any suggestions?
Old 10-17-2018, 02:21 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

You've replaced the battery, have you checked that the connections are tight on the battery? After that you need to check various grounding points as these are usually next at fault. You say electrically stock but maybe another modification required moving a ground.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I replaced the battery myself and sanded down any corrosion on the battery terminal connectors and they are tight. What grounding areas should I check? How would that affect the waiting 15 seconds and then cranking right up on second try?

Quick Reply: 2013 JK won't crank initially and then all dashboard lights turn on