Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2013 Powered/Heated Mirrors

Old 08-05-2013, 06:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Powered/Heated Mirrors

Hey Everyone,

Quick question about 2013 powered/heated mirrors. I bought a Jeep new/used. Guy before me used relocation brackets and that is how the Jeep came. I want to mount the mirrors back on the doors and am going to purchase a second set of powered/heated mirrors MOPAR. My question is about the wiring. The guy before me taped the wires to the doors underneath the relocation bracket. I have posted a pic as to what the wire looks like. Does this wire attach directly to the mirror assembly or is there a harness in between the mirror and this wire, or does the wire coming from the OEM mirrors connect here? Follow me? I ordered a pair of non-OEM mirrors from ebay that said they would be a direct fit - they weren't as far as wiring goes. So I am hoping someone out there has gone through the whole powered/heated mirrors experiment and can shed some light for me before I order again. Thanks guys!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y2mqypvwhh...%2035%20AM.jpg
Old 08-05-2013, 05:17 PM
dsp
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[SUP][/SUP]if you have relocation brackets why would you need power mirrors. Doors off.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you know, I was thinking about putting in the original post:

no comments about how power mirrors suck
please don't question my motives or decisions -
i like powered mirrors and yes that doesn't make me a non-Jeep guy as I have owned four Jeeps back to YJ
I don't want to keep the mirrors on relocation brackets all winter long so don't ask
I don't want ideas for "better" relocation brackets

I read all the other posts about mirrors and it seems mirrors and options are real touchy for guys who don't have/don't like these options. I happen to like them and would love to have more options. While I'm at it, I also like the Special Edition Star Wars Trilogy over the 1977 versions, though Han did shoot first. I prefer Vox amplifiers over Marshall. I prefer 6 foot glass over 12 foot monster swells. And I prefer a time trial bike over a road bike. Just making sure I piss everyone off.

So, does anyone have any helpful ideas about the wiring for my soccer mom, mall crawling, Sahara heated/powered mirrors? Specifically, I am hoping to find out how it came "stock" which is why I posted in the "stock" forum.

IN all seriousness I am just kidding but would really like some help. Thanks everyone.

Quick Reply: 2013 Powered/Heated Mirrors