Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2014 2 door, 6 speed with 27k

Old 08-06-2015, 10:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not long after I got my 2011 (bought used 1.5 years ago) I stopped at the bank and when I came out and tried to start it wouldn't do anything. Had good lights and radio worked so I didn't suspect the battery. I did have a little red dot in the top corner of instrument cluster that I never noticed before. Turned out it is the key security feature and it somehow did not like my key anymore! Googled it in parking lot and found out I could pop a fuse for a few seconds and reinsert it, did that and Jeep cranked right up!

Don't remember what fuse it was right off hand now though it was over a year ago.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:07 PM
JK Newbie

Okay. The paper work doesn't say much.

No start caused by:
B1A25 INVALID KEY, B1A29 BASESTATION MISMATCH, FOUND FLASH FOR WCM.

CORRECTED BY:
FLASHED WCM AND VERIFIED VEHICLE STARTS.

That is it. If taking a fuse out for a little while fixed this, I would really like to know which one.
Thanks for everyone help and comments on this. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

thread_title
Old 08-08-2015, 03:50 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Brewz
Not long after I got my 2011 (bought used 1.5 years ago) I stopped at the bank and when I came out and tried to start it wouldn't do anything. Had good lights and radio worked so I didn't suspect the battery. I did have a little red dot in the top corner of instrument cluster that I never noticed before. Turned out it is the key security feature and it somehow did not like my key anymore! Googled it in parking lot and found out I could pop a fuse for a few seconds and reinsert it, did that and Jeep cranked right up! Don't remember what fuse it was right off hand now though it was over a year ago.
Had same problem couple months ago. Popped the main ignition fuse out for couple seconds reinserted and was good to go. Fuse was J13 I believe.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default i know people claim batteries junk after two years

but mine is near 4 years of harsh winters here in nh , still working fine, knock on wood.
I will replace before winter sets in im sure but not everyones battery will die in two years (just sayin ) maybe i got lucky on mine i bought my 2012 in november of 2011 still starts like the day i picked it up .

good luck getting the fix for your jk

Last edited by jeepmojo; 08-10-2015 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
but mine is near 4 years of harsh winters here in nh , still working fine, knock on wood.
I will replace before winter sets in im sure but not everyones battery will die in two years (just sayin ) maybe i got lucky on mine i bought my 2012 in november of 2011 still starts like the day i picked it up .

good luck getting the fix for your jk
you are very fortunate. if you went to the dealer to replace your battery, they will only sell you one that is a 24 month battery.

Quick Reply: 2014 2 door, 6 speed with 27k