Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2014 JK (P0344 CODE; stop the nightmare)

Old 07-29-2020, 08:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Only the CPS (Cam Position Sensor), not the CAM Solenoid(s) as the Solenoids (2-per side) showed they were working correctly at time of review. Still waiting for Dealer to have the Tech call me back to review what he thinks.
Old 07-29-2020, 11:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So dealer is telling me my cam phasers are stuck I'm not really sure if that is true. So my personal mechanic is going by that. I honestly do not think that is the problem, it will reset in a few hours then the lights will come on after it gets warm anywhere from 15 min all the way up to an hour. It's so random driving me crazy.
Old 07-29-2020, 12:18 PM
JK Newbie

Not surprised; they will start there as the Dealer did with me. Phasers are $50-60 if purchased from the Mopar Site

Mopar Parts

Old 07-30-2020, 04:49 PM
JK Newbie

Dealer called; the Tech is reviewing the Wiring Harness on the Passenger Side. The Tech had a very similar occurrence a year or two ago and the wiring harness had been compromised. Stay tuned.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:09 AM
JK Newbie

Please keep me informed I would greatly appreciate it. If you do find something let me know how he figured it out and photos. If that's not asking too much. Right now trying to map out where the highest cliff is to drive it off!
Old 07-31-2020, 02:44 PM
JK Newbie

Oh Believe me...when the Root Cause is found on this P0344, my plan is to clearly document the entire story in Full. My payment will be sharing the knowledge with many others to help Pay It Forward. While some may look at me as a Newbie on JK forum, it's not my first Rodeo figuring problems out and help share the Lessons Learned.

Dealer didn't call, I had to call him to only hear Tech is working on Wiring Harness Test...4hrs later no Call and Closed. Hmmm, I wonder did anyone look at my JK at all this week. I hope that's not the case and something actually did happen to look at it and just need more time on Monday. Yeah that's what I am telling myself now.

TGIF...!
Old 08-02-2020, 05:13 PM
JK Newbie

So my engine light turned off on Friday while driving, I couldn’t believe it! So I was thinking maybe the guy was right by putting additive in my oil for gunk on cam phasers. So Saturday I’m all happy driving until I went over a set of railroad tracks. Then I hear that hideous chime and here comes engine light and traction control light all at once. 😡 so I’m thinking it’s got to be 2 separate problems. 1 is cam phasers and 2 a short (bad ground or wire) or wheel speed sensor that maybe when I replaced the fronts I didn’t clean out good before installed. I also changed the back
Old 08-03-2020, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 422 Posts

Shot in the dark but .... for traction issue there 3 power supplies that go to the ABS module. 1 is switched and two are powered while battery is connected in the car. Loss of any one of these will lose your traction control but should also turn on the ABS light. There is also a 10 pin plug that comes out under the TIPM from the main harness, goes round the battery box on the engine side then joins back into the cross firewall above/behind engine harness (Plug C106) check that connection or grounds. The attached is for a 2008 but they may be the same. Shows the 3 supplies and fuses;
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ABS JEEP.pdf (569.6 KB, 86 views)

Last edited by Sixty4x4; 08-03-2020 at 01:08 PM.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received feedback from the Dealer and Tech today....anyone have a set of "Dice" to toss?

Tech has it down to (2) Options...
1). CAM PHASERS could have debris in side on Bank-1 and creating the "SYNC" Error.
Note; the CAM Phasers were replaced on Bank-1 per my notes at the Dealer, along with Oil Control Bolt on Intake Phaser. But, the Dealer Tech did NOT change the Oil and could have contaminated the Phaser according to recent Tech. Trying to understand then why would the P0344 remain at startup with New Phaser...? Maybe I'm missing something.
Cost; $756 to replace and get replacement phasers possibly warranty

2). Could be a bad ECM/PCU
Tech said he would not know until replacement and New Part is $750 + Labor and no return if it's not the problem...Ouch

Waiting for further feedback on direction...OMG, just tell me what the Problem is and say it's "$$.$$" to fix it and be done with this and know it will be FIXED
Old 08-06-2020, 07:53 AM
JK Newbie

Update: 8/06/20...STILL WAITING for feedback. Have Not done either of the options above after Tech said to HOLD he wants to look at something else. I can only HOPE there is some type of feedback today.

Quick Reply: 2014 JK (P0344 CODE; stop the nightmare)