Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2014 JK - Upgrade to auto headlights

Old 01-25-2014, 05:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2014 JK - Upgrade to auto headlights

My JK didn't come with automatic headlights. I miss them from my previous vehicle.

How would I go about figuring out what parts I would need to get from Mopar to add this to my JK.

I also want to do the same thing with automatic temperature control (I've seen a write up on this) and the built in 115V inverter in the console.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This isn't an OEM solution, but DEI makes an automatic headlight kit: Amazon.com: Directed Electronics 545T Nite-Lite System D: Car Electronics

I've never installed one, but it seems to get good reviews. So it might be a really cheap option to give you what you want.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:14 AM
JK Super Freak

I'd want to see those installation instructions before I even touched this. Looks a bit shaky. Especially with a JK and the CAN bus.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:39 AM
JK Newbie

My '14 JKUR came with auto headlights. I would think there would be an oem solution if you are concerned with the canbus being an issue. I did not choose the auto climate option, but there is an oem solution for that also I believe. A good parts manager should be able to set you up. Try the repair center manager at a good shop if you need to. They usually have the parts ordering down. Good luck

Last edited by Jeepin' Bear; 01-26-2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:31 PM
JK Junkie

The AEV Procal let's you reprogram your tire size and gear ratio, but it also lets you turn on daytime running lights, so just run that and choose your headlights.

as a bonus, if you have the Truck Lite led headlights they will never burn out.

matthew
Old 01-26-2014, 07:28 PM
JK Super Freak

True, but not what I really want. And, I have no desire to spend $400 on headlights.

Quick Reply: 2014 JK - Upgrade to auto headlights