Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2014 JKUR Hard Start

Old 12-01-2014, 11:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

My 14 does the same thing, will have to look into this tsb more.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm starting to have the same issue now, it's intermittent and has happened three or for times, all at a cold start. I'm curious about the post below can anyone explain that a little more? I'll have to look at that service bulletin also. I sure hate to have a dealer's shop, or anyone for that matter, tear into a new motor.

htm7765
Sounds to me like a IAC or ETB issue stumbling like flooded doesn't sound like a battery issue resetting the KAM may help clear the ETB fault temporarily, being it to the dealer hopefully you have a good one close against popular belief there not all bad
Old 12-22-2014, 08:53 PM
JK Newbie

Ok, the camshaft sensor replacement doesn't look too bad. I'll be checking my sensor's serial no. this weekend to see if its a candidate (if it starts with a "D" it is). Looks like the build date criteria fits and the symptoms are right.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:52 PM
JK Newbie

The serial no. Is a hit, so off to the dealership I go! We'll let you know how it goes.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:53 PM
JK Newbie

Default Update

The sensor has been replaced for a few weeks now, and its starting with more confidence than it has since new. The dealership also did a few flash updates. All seems good for now.

Quick Reply: 2014 JKUR Hard Start