Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

3.6 pentastar tick issue

Old 05-04-2012, 12:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 3.6 pentastar tick issue

I purchased a 2012 JK in SEP/OCT time frame, and I noticed a ticking noise. I Deployed in December so i wasn't to worried about it until i returned from my tour. But I'm curious to everyone's opinion. I have over 6,000 dollars worth of mods to be installed on the Jeep everything is awaiting my return to be put on. Should I take it to the dealership before i put any of the mods on? or would it even matter since the issues isn't related to anything I or the mods would/did do...
Old 05-04-2012, 04:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes definitely DO NOT put any mods...even bigger tires on before taking it to the dealer. Even if you have a mod friendly dealer don't risk it, first check out this thread...not trying to scare you but just trying to look out for a fellow jeeper! Thank you for your service a well!
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...ngines-227770/
Old 05-04-2012, 04:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

X2. Get it fixed first best advice you will get.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys, i'll get it up to the dealer here in the next couple days.. More nervous about the wife driving a stick than the tic noise..

Quick Reply: 3.6 pentastar tick issue