Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

3:73s and 35s 6 speed?

Old 04-29-2012, 08:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3:73s and 35s 6 speed?

Hey guys and gals I want to know if anyone is running 373s with 35s?

I plan on installing ARBs before my trip to rubi trail but do not have the extra cash lying around to regear at the moment. Could I get by???

Be nice I'm a newbie
Old 04-29-2012, 11:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have a 2012 pentastar 2 door with 35s and no lift. i have only had it out once so far playing, nothing too hard but in the woods with small hill climbs and had no problems what so ever. even with the traction control on and 2wd it actually ok for trail ridin 1st gear was actually too low i used 2nd but i wasnt rock crawling which im sure is something you will be doing a lil of. cant say anything about the strength issue if thats what you were more concered about. lets face it all axles will break, its all about finesse really. i have a 2000 dodge ram with 38" tires and stock axles and gears and have never replaced anything inside.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Disclaimer: this is just my .02

I wouldn't do it... You'd be fine driving around town, if a little sluggish. Off road, between the lack of a rubi crawler tcase, and the gear tire combo you'll be moving pretty fast on the trail. Not an awesome combination for rock crawling on the Rubicon.
I'd call Northridge4x4 and come west of the mtns for a weekend. Drop $999 and get your gears done.

Quick Reply: 3:73s and 35s 6 speed?