Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

32" BF Goodrich Mud Terrain Tires

Old 09-03-2007, 06:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 32" BF Goodrich Mud Terrain Tires

I am thinking about purchasing a set of these tires since there are a couple of good deals to be had. The tires are the same as the o.e. tires that come on the rubicon. I ordered my Jeep with the 17" tire package and just wanted to stay with the same size tire since it will be equiped with the 3.73 gears. Any opinions?
Old 09-04-2007, 04:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just put the 32" BFGs on mine to replace the Goodyear SRA stockers on my 17" wheels. These are pretty quiet and smooth so far, but I've fell for that trap with other aggressive tire sets over the years, so its too soon for me to say there. They do take some of the "seat of the pants" acceleration away, so beware of that if quickness is a concern. Tirerack.com had them on sale, you might check there to see if they're still in stock.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by T Mac
. They do take some of the "seat of the pants" acceleration away, so beware of that if quickness is a concern.
It's funny that the same size tires would take away from acceleration. I bet it will also affect the gas mileage. I going to check the web sites for both tires and see if the weights are listed. This could be the thing that would cause acceleration loss.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:57 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the sale is over at the tirerack. The BFG's M/Ts are back to regular price.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by armycop
I think the sale is over at the tirerack. The BFG's M/Ts are back to regular price.
If you look around you can still find some for a good deal.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't like mine. I have owned MTRs and Krawlers in the past. The BFG mt are by far the quietest of the three. They also feel less in control to me on the road and do not perform as well off road. They hold mud just as bad as the other tires and lack the traction of the other two. I prefer the MTRs as a middle ground tire. They wear well on the road and are pretty good off road. The BFG is a little bit better on hard packed wet terrain. The Krawlers rule off road but don't wear well at all.

Quick Reply: 32" BF Goodrich Mud Terrain Tires