Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

35's on a stock rubi? Just kidding its a thank you

Old 09-20-2014, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 35's on a stock rubi? Just kidding its a thank you

After much research here on the forums I just wanted to say thank you to the knowledgeable folk here. After using the search feature until I had a million open tabs it was time to go to work. Before sticking my 35" Toyo Open Country AT2s (almost 5,000 miles and enjoying them) I went to town on the fenders... Thanks J-k forum for the how to. Then the pinch seam and rubi rails got cut... again guys thanks for the how to. Pretty straight forward but that first cut was hard to do (you know... emotionally). Oh No!!! I am rubbing on my sway bar at full lock what can I do??? Thanks again guys for steering me and everyone else to Spidertrax wheel spacers. About to install them now.

Also I wanted to thank the Dirtman's "my thoughts on lifts" thread for making me realize that I don't want or need a 4 inch lift, nothing against them, its just not what I need. My off roading doesn't consist of anything to crazy and there is only one mall in Missoula that I can crawl around lol.

I guess what I am trying to say is thanks for the members on here for all the straight forward info. Sometimes it can get a little deep or over the top with explanations but still great info. And to the genuine "newbies" I guarantee that some one has asked the question you are about to so don't be afraid of the search function, or don't, but don't get your feelings hurt when you get flamed.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol. There's no better way to rile up the natives
Old 09-20-2014, 08:44 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Glad to help and thanks for the kind words.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phuggit
Lol. There's no better way to rile up the natives
I figured "another 35's" thread would do it! Just wanted to grab some attention and just wanted to get the thank you's out.

And Dirtman, no worries, I want to get on your good graces before I start picking your brain lol.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick Reply: 35's on a stock rubi? Just kidding its a thank you